Re: [bvpta] altar boys at orpheum theatre

  • Laura Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      Tracy,

      This is Laura Smith - former BV parent writing - I still scam the BV listserve to get ideas, see what everyone's doing. I plan to take my family to Alter Boyz in April and wonder what you thought of it??

      Thanks for your feedback.

      - Laura
      On Mar 13, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Traci Dauphin wrote:

      Altar Boyz, the acclaimed musical comedy at Dodger Stages, winner of the coveted Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Musical Off-Broadway, is the longest running new musical comedy to open in New York in years, having just celebrated its first anniversary! Full of sharp parody, sinfully spectacular dancing, and irreverent humor, this spoof about a heavenly guy-group is adored by audiences and critics alike. With an extraordinary mix of side-splitting songs “convincing enough to be played on MTV,” uncontrollable laughs and lighthearted fun, this award-winning and totally original new musical is 90 minutes of pure delight that's suitable for all ages and will have the whole family laughing and singing along.sical Off-Broadway, is the longest running new musical comedy to open in New York in years, having just celebrated its first anniversary! Full of sharp parody, sinfully spectacular dancing, and irreverent humor, this spoof about a heavenly guy-group is adored by audiences and critics alike. With an extraordinary mix of side-splitting songs “convincing enough to be played on MTV,” uncontrollable laughs and lighthearted fun, this award-winning and totally original new musical is 90 minutes of pure delight that's suitable for all ages and will have the whole family laughing and singing along.

      I am organizing a group of students and parents to see this.  Tickets are $28.00 each for center balcony seats.  We need to see it on a Tuesday night at 8pm to get this group rate.  The night that works best for me is Tuesday, March 20th.  Please let me know if you are interested in attending with your child.

      Tracy tdauphin@mac.com 401-0410