Stop for pedestrians

  • Julie Hagelshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      From the Ingleside e-newsletter.  A reminder to drivers that pedestrians have a right to cross and the driver  has a responsibility to stop. (And, by the way, the tickets that were handed out probably were in the $200 range...cost of ticket and speeding!)

      Julie H.

      1.    BREAKING NEWS IN THE MORNING OF FEBRUARY 1, 2007:

            Officers from the Ingleside Station at my direction conducted a
      pedestrian "sting" from 8:00 am until 11:00 am in the Valley and
      Guerrero
      area due to complaints from residents that pedestrians are constantly
      in
      jeopardy crossing the street. Officer Marion Campion-Healy, in
      plainclothes. attempted to cross the street numerous times with
      vehicles
      narrowly avoiding hitting her while she was in the street. Citing
      drivers
      were Officers Jean Etcheveste, Jude Rand and Jose Lopez. Supervising
      the
      operation was Sgt. James Miller. Forty-four (44) traffic citations were
      issued. We take pedestrian safety seriously and will conduct more
      operations.