San Jose/Guerrero Coalition to Save Our Streets project

  • Julie Hagelshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2006
      Walk CC
      Date: Sunday, October 8th
      Time: 11:00 am – Leave 11:10 Sharp
      Starting Place:  Intersection of Cesar Chavez and Guerrero
      Theme:  San Jose/Guerrero Coalition to Save Our Streets project

      This will be my last walk and also the one walk that I have been working to schedule – Gillian Gillette will give an overview of the San Jose/Guerrero Coalition project, where the project is now; where it is going in the future and how it all happened.

      The walk will start at the intersection of Cesar Chavez and Guerrero where the day before the walk a park will be planted.  Gillian will lead us onto Guerrero and will explain how the street south of Cesar Chavez became a four lane street last year; the median planting pilot project; the median plantings on Duncan ; and finally the next stage of the median plantings on Guerrero to take place in November.

      As usual, the walks are about an hour with the exercise of walking in the surrounding arrays of sounds, sights, and scents that are living and working on Cesar Chavez.

      To get a better idea of what this project is all about or if you can’t make this walk visit www.sanjoseguerrero.com.

      Please join me with Gillian Gillette for a morning walk before heading for that Sunday brunch!