HELA Spanish conversation group

  • Julie Hagelshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2005
      A new school year, so I'll start putting these messages out to families/parents wanting to practice speaking Spanish.  This group is run by my husband, Lee.  Most events are geared towards adults as most attendees don't have kids (or have kids long graduated).  But that doesn't mean you can't bring your kids.  The idea is speak Spanish.
      If you are interested in being on the email list, reply to the email address below.
      Julie Hagelshaw
      Hoover, BV and past Fairmount parent
      (English translation below)

      La próxima reunión del ¡Grupo HELA! (Hablar
      Español con Los Amigos), el grupo social de
      conversación española, es el sábado que viene:

      La Fecha: Sábado 10 Septiembre 2005
      La Hora: 10:00 a.m. hasta 12:00 mediodía
      El Lugar: Progressive Grounds Coffeehouse, 400
      Cortland Avenue (barrio Bernal Heights) San
      Francisco.  Busca al grupo HELA el el patio de atrás.

      Las siguientes reuniones "helatistas" serán:
      Sábado 17 Septiembre, 7:00 p.m. fiesta en casa, Richmond District S.F.
      Viernes 23 Septiembre, 6:30 p.m. Fina Estampa S.F.
      Sábado 1 Octubre, La Hoguera Grande al puesta del sol, Ocean Beach S.F.
      (Detalles con los próximos)

      Lee Hagelshaw, Jefe

      Nota de interes de Jenny, que dice:
      "Next April, Rotary will be sending a a team of
      four people aged 25-40 to Chile on an all expense
      paid month-long trip. It is a cultural and
      professional exchange.  Team members stay with
      host families, make presentations at Rotary
      clubs, visit tourist destinations and meet with
      people in their profession.  I went on their trip
      last year, which was to Southern Mexico, and had
      a fantastic time.  Team members must be US
      citizens and currently employed.  If anyone is
      interested, they should contact Dennis Hagerty at
      dennis.hagerty.b8ib@.... They would
      like to find people who speak Spanish to go on this trip."

      ---------- ENGLISH--------------------

      The next meeting of ¡Grupo HELA! (Hablar Español
      con Los Amigos!) Spanish conversation and social
      group, is this Saturday morning:

      Date: Saturday, September 10, 2005
      Time: 10:00 to 12:00 noon
      Place: Progressive Grounds Coffeehouse, 400
      Cortland Avenue (Bernal Heights) San
      Francisco.  We will meet in the outdoor patio
      area all the way to the rear of the place.

      Street parking should be O.K. in the area. On
      MUNI, the 24 bus runs along Cortland Avenue. Or
      take the 14 or another bus on Mission Street to
      the intersection of Cortland, and walk east a few
      blocks to 400 Cortland. You can print out a
      street map of the neighborhood by going to
      mapquest.com and entering the address.

      HELA "Rules": Most members are intermediate level
      Spanish speakers and above. All are welcome, but
      we ask that you use the opportunity to actually
      speak Spanish, meet friends and have fun! Recent
      average attendance: Friday drop-ins (25),
      Saturday morning coffees (25), house parties
      (40+). I am always looking for party hosts. Feel
      free to contact me if you want to do something!

      ¡Grupo HELA! (Hablar Español con Los Amigos)
      Fundado 2000