FW: Walking and Biking to School

  • Canner, Mindi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005
      To: Julie Hagelshaw and Sasha Cutler, please see e-mail below. I am forwarding this e-mail as you seem to be the best candidates to talk to Carmen Oleksinski. If there are other parents that would like to help. Feel free to call Carmen.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Carmen Oleksinski [mailto:carmen@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:47 PM
      To: Canner, Mindi
      Subject: Walking and Biking to School

      Hello Ms. Canner,

      I am an intern at Transportation for a Livable City and this summer I have been working on a
      project about traffic safety around schools. I am writing a policy recommendation paper
      about how to improve walking and biking to school that could be seen by superviosrs and
      other stakeholders.

      I have heard that Buena Vista Elementary has been creating incentives for kids to walk, bike,
      and/or carpool to school. I would really like to learn more about this program and how it has
      worked out for BV. If you are not involved in the program could you please tell me who is.
      This information would be very valuable for my report!

      Thanks in advance for your help!
      Carmen Oleksinski

      Policy Associate
      Transportation for a Livable City