Weigh in on 5th grade trips

  • cuttler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      I applaud the open respectful tone of the discussion about the 5th grade trips. I was concerned about these issues, too, and in the past felt excluded and saw others feel excluded. Latino vs. Non-latino. Wealthy Americans vs. Poor Mexicans. Family togetherness vs. Independence. BV library closing vs. Airfare for part of the 5th grade. These are huge issues. But I believe they can (and should) be talked about openly. I agree with Jenny: Almost identical issues are raised each year. Whether or not we agree with eachother, we really should listen to each other. Glenn has been a big part of this for many years; I appreciate hearing what he has to say.

      From what I've read so far, I am hopeful that this can be worked out.

      Sasha Cuttler
      Parent of graduating Harriet