839FW: Los Cenzontles Traditional Music Presentation at ACOE on April 7

  • Michele Anberg-Espinosa
    Apr 1 10:50 AM

      Dear friends:

       I am forwarding you information on an event that will bring together musicians, dancers, parents, children and educators.  I hope you and your children will join me at this showing of Pasajero, a feature length documentary with live performance of young Mexican American musicians in the Bay Area.  This documentary has already been purchased by universities and school districts across the country.   What an opportunity!

      " Pasajero is a wonderful story about young people who reclaim their heritage.  A musical odyssey.  Pasajero successfully combines music with storytelling, creating a tale of a forgotten Mexican tradition told y the folks who lived it and the young peole struggling to reclaim their heritage." --Les, Blank, Filmmaker

      "Pasajero, A Journey of Time and Memory breaks new ground in the documentation of ethnic music and its impact on cultural identity.  It powerfully explores nascent transnational imaginaries and new forms of social convivencia."  -Tomas Ybarra-Frausto, INdependent Scholar, NY

      "It is a reminder of the vital role that music plays in defining our identities and helping us to understand who we are today in relation to our rich muti cultural heritage..." ---

      If you are interested in attending, please call Olivia at 510 233 8015 or send her an email at olivia@...

      Michele Anberg-Espinosa

      >From: "Hector Garcia" <hgarcia@...>
      >Subject: Los Cenzontles Traditional Music Presentation at ACOE on April 7
      >Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:28:14 -0800
      >
      >Hello Everyone,
      >

      >On behalf of the Alameda County Office of Education, the Alliance for
      >Arts Learning Leadership and Los Cenzontles, I extend a formal
      >invitation to what will be a wonderful and enriching cultural
      >experience.  Los Cenzontles, a music and dance group performing
      >traditional styles of Mexican folkloric music and dance will be
      >performing and presenting their documentary, "Pasajero: A Journey of
      >Time and Memory/Un viaje por el tiempo y la memoria" at the Alameda
      >County Office of Education on Thursday, April 7, 2005 from 5:00-7:00 PM.
      >There is no charge for the event.  To RSVP, please contact Olivia
      >Malabuyo at:  (510) 233-8015 or email at olivia@....  Hope
      >to see you there!
      >

      >Hector
      >

      >Hector Garcia