690Request for Parent Feedback for 2005-06 School Calendar from Alan Geist of the SF PTA

  • Canner, Mindi
    Feb 1 9:38 AM

      From: Alan Geist [mailto:ageist@...]
      Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 9:40 PM
      To: pps_sf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [pps_sf] Request for Parent Feedback for 2005-06 School Calendar

      Hi -

      The Calendar Committee is meeting on Thursday morning and we would
      like to get feedback from parents on next year's schedule.

      The current plan is to start school on Monday, August 29, 2005.
      School will end for students on Friday, June 9, 2006.

      The Winter Break is scheduled for December 19-30.

      The one decision that needs to be made is whether to schedule Spring
      Break in 2006 for April 10-14 or March 27-31.

      Cesar Chavez Day is March 31, so if that week is the week off there
      will be an extra day off available and the committee is considering
      making Wednesday, November 23 (the day before Thanksgiving) a day off.
      The March week also would split the semester in half.

      Easter Sunday is April 16 and Passover begins on April 13, which
      might be a consideration for some families.

      Please send an email (preferably before 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday) with
      your opinion to sfpta@... .
      Please provide a subject line that makes it obvious that this is a
      calendar reply.
      I plan on deleting any messages with subjects like Valuable
      Phaarrmacy u can trust.

      Also, please share this message with other parents.
      We will tally the preferences before the Thursday meeting.

      Feel free to provide any calendar comments.
      I will try and forward some main ideas to the committee's parent
      representative.

      Sorry about the short notice.

      -Alan Geist
      SF PTA VP Communications