      Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:05:04 -0500
      From: myt@...
      To: strongarm_art@...
      Subject: MYT News! Sign up for "Robin Hood" and new Teen Troupe Workshop!

      MYT News! Sign up for "Robin Hood" and new Teen Troupe Workshop!
      The Marsh a breeding ground for new performance

      MYTWinter 2013 Classes

      Sign up for "Robin Hood" and new Teen Troupe Workshop!

      MYT classes started this week and its great to see lots of old and new faces. We have two more exciting workshop opportunities for students to be part of:

      MYT MainStage Performance Ensemble (grades 6-9)
      ROBIN HOOD! Directed by John Litten
      with Sofia Lopez-Izbor, John Ramirez and Susana Aragon
      Starts Monday February 3rd

      MYT travels to Nottingham where its citizens are suffering under the royal weight of greed, power and corruption. But do not despair! In this action-packed play, Robin Hood and his Merry Band defend the defenseless and bring hope to the hopeless. With renaissance music, dance, costumes and sets.

      MYT Teen Troupe! (grades 9-14)
      Playmakers Lab: Myths for a New Generation.
      Directed by Cliff Mayotte
      Info meeting Monday February 10th. Classes start February 24.

      This playmaking lab will give MYT teens the chance to see what it's like to write, perform, direct, compose, and design for the theater. Using global myths and folktales as a starting point, students will create short plays and monologues, incorporating a variety of performance styles from ancient times to present.

      We also have space in our Friday World Dance and Hip Hop class for 2-8th graders! Directed by Rebecca Cervantes.

      All of these classes have amazing teachers. You can learn more and register at our webpage

      Questions? email me, myt@.... See you soon for Robin Hood and Playmakers Lab!

      Emily Klion
      Program Director
      Marsh Youth Theater
      www.themarsh.org/myt

      Join Marsh Youth Theater Facebook Page!

      The Marsh San Francisco 1062 Valencia Street near 22nd, 94110

      Forward email

      This email was sent to strongarm_art@... by myt@... |

      The Marsh | 1062 Valencia St. | San Francisco | CA | 94110