5494Kid-Friendly Environmental Protest on Wednesday

  • Dr. Lapin
    Apr 1, 2013
      Hi folks,

      On Wednesday, President Obama will be in Pacific Heights for big fundraisers. People are organizing a big protest against the Keystone XL pipeline (that is planned to carry dirty tar-sands oil from Canada all the way to the Gulf of Mexico for export. James Hansen, of NASA, called Keystone XL "game over for the climate." <http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/opinion/game-over-for-the-climate.html?_r=0>

      Friends of the Earth, Climate Parents, Sierra Club & others are organizing a kid-friendly protest on Wednesday, April 3rd to ask President Obama to cancel the Keystone oil pipeline. We're meeting up at 5pm at Alta Plaza Park (corner of Clay & Scott Streets) and then will head to the main rally ccompanied by a marching band. Should be a fun evening!

      Josiane and I are planning to participate, and we invite everyone to go with us or meet us there.

      If you want to go, let us know.

      Blair <dr.lapin@...>
      Josiane <josianefiori@...>

      See below for details.