4797inquiry about schools in SFUSD

  • holly link
    Jul 7, 2011
      Saludos Buena Vista community and greetings from Philadelphia,

      Hope you are all well and enjoying the summer!

      I've been asked by a faculty member in my graduate program at the University of PA who is moving to SF in August about some elementary schools in the district that have openings. They are:

      -El Dorado
      -Malcolm X
      -Starr King
      -Charles Drew
      -Carver
      -Parker
      -Garfield
      -Guadalupe
      -Serra
      -Revere
      -Harte

      She has twin sons entering first grade (bilingual English-French) and is looking for schools with "great teachers who can create a safe and  happy learning environment in the classroom, and then facilitate learning." She's wondering if any of these are "hidden gems". If any one has a recommendation or suggestion about any of these schools, she would greatly appreciate it.

      Thanks!
      Holly Link, former BV teacher