4013one solution to school funding

  • Tim Sheiner
    Apr 1, 2010
      Please read and, if you support passing budgets with a simple majority, sign and mail.  The deadline is 5 April.

      And forward.

      Tim

      PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY

      Dear Friends,

      We All Suffer From Budget Cuts

      All Californians are suffering from budget cuts. Cuts to schools and colleges dumb down our children and businesses. Cuts to public transportation and roads crowd our highways and burden our seniors. Cuts to police and fire departments put our neighborhoods in danger.

      California voters can end our state's budget gridlock by passing the California Democracy Act.

          The California Democracy Act is just 14 words long, but they are powerful:
              "All legislative actions on revenue and budget must be determined by a majority vote."

      But first we must collect enough signatures to qualify the California Democracy Act for the November ballot, and we need your help. For the sake of California's kids and schools, safety and seniors, highways and parks, please take these two steps TODAY:

      1) Download and sign the attached petition, or go to http://GrassrootsForDemocracy.com/petdownload.html and download it there. Fill it all out, sign it (twice), and put it in the mail ASAP.

      2) Forward this email on to everyone you know today, and urge them to do the same.

      We must receive your signed petition by April 5 .

      PLEASE ACT NOW!

      Sacramento has been cutting for 30 years. What they are cutting now hurts us all. Why is this happening? For 30 years, a 2/3 vote requirement for budget and revenue measures has been tying the legislature up in knots. This allows a 1/3 minority of extremists in either the state Senate or Assembly to block the democratic will of the majority, resulting in budget gridlock. When they don’t get what they want, they bring government to a halt, taking no responsibility for the consequences of their actions. By saying "no" often and long enough, they force the responsible majority of legislators to go against their best judgment just to get some budget passed, even when it is disastrous for the education, health and well-being of the people of California.

      We must get enough signatures to put the California Democracy Act on the November ballot.

      Placing George Lakoff’s initiative on the ballot and getting it passed would allow a majority of the legislators to fund education over prisons, to close loopholes, and to end giveaways.

      You can restore a government that works for all Californians by signing the attached petition, or going to http://GrassrootsForDemocracy.com/petdownload.html . From there, download the petition, print it out, fill it all out, sign it (twice), and mail it in, today. We need your petition by April 5.

      We need more than just your signature:  forward this email on to everyone you know, today, and urge them to do the same!

      Make it a great day for California's future!  Sign and send the petition today to restore democracy to our great state.

      Thank you,

      Californians for Democracy

      For information about the California Democracy Act, go to www.CaliforniansForDemocracy.com ,
      Students should check out www.CaliforniaDemocracyAct.com ,
      Volunteer website and updates: www.grassrootsfordemocracy.com .

      WHERE TO MAIL YOUR COMPLETED PETITION(S)
      PLEASE FIND THE COUNTY SPECIFIC TO THE PETITION(S) THAT YOU ARE RETURNING BELOW & THEN USE THE MAILING ADDRESSES BELOW
      For any Northern California county not listed below,
      please use the address that appears in the solid-bordered box located on the lower, right-hand corner of this page. Thank you!

      For Alameda County County
      Petition Coordinator
      7065 Inclined Place
      Dublin, CA 94568

      For San Bernadino
      Californians for Democracy
      P.O. Box 33
      Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

      For Contra Costa County
      For San Diego County
      Petition Coordinator
      600 J St. # 15
      Martinez, CA 94553

      For San Diego County
      Californians for Democracy
      P.O. Box 33
      Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
      For Fresno County County
      Gary Lasky
      4677 N. Safford Ave.
      Fresno, CA 93704

      For San Francisco
      Californians for Democracy
      3701 Sacramento St. #401
      San Francisco CA 94118
      For Imperial County
      Californians for Democracy
      P.O. Box 33
      Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
      For San Luis Opisbo County
      Jeen Alvord
      HQ
      PO Box 15155
      San Luis Obispo, CA 93406

      Los Angeles County
      Californians for Democracy
      P.O. Box 33
      Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
      For San Mateo County
      Petition Coordinator
      2098 Touraine Lane
      Half Moon Bay, CA 94019-1451

      For Marin County
      Petition Coordinator
      PO Box 689
      San Anselmo, 94979
      For Santa Barbara County
      Californians for Democracy
      P.O. Box 33
      Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

      For Napa County
      CA4D c/o DoNV
      P.O. Box 206
      Napa, CA 94559
      For Santa Clara County
      Californians for Democracy
      2415 San Ramon Valley Rd #4416
      San Ramon CA 94583

      For Nevada County
      Petition Coordinator
      107 Sacramento St., Suite 300
      Nevada City, CA 95959
      For Solano County
      CA4D c/o DoNV
      P.O. Box 206
      Napa, CA 94559

      For Orange County
      Californians for Democracy
      P.O. Box 33
      Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
      For Sonoma County
      Petition Coordinator
      1264 Shiloh Rd
      Windsor, CA 95492

      For Riverside County
      Petition Coordinator
      20212 Harvard Way
      Riverside, California 92507
      For Ventura County
      Californians for Democracy
      P.O. Box 33
      Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

      For Sacramento County
      SPA
      PO Box 279331
      Sacramento, Ca. 95827

      Northern California counties not listed here
      Petition Coordinator
      PMB #317
      Windsor, CA 95492

      Ellis Goldberg
      Northern CA Field Director
      Californians For Democracy
      www.CA4D.org

      925 451 4303 cell
      925 831 8355 office

      EllisG237@...

      My email is backed up due to this campaign.
      Facebook email gets lowest priority.
      Phone calls are highest priority.
      Please use CA4D in the subject if the email is about the campaign
      .