279Re: [bvpta] Buena Vista Internet Cafe - Poll

  • Richard Marsh
    May 3, 2004
      This would be great to have, even though initially it may only benefit
      a few parents. It may also benefit some of the rooms in the school
      where we don't have ethernet cabling (and would save me from having to
      spend more time drilling holes through various walls.)

      We also need to publicize the fact that there are already internet
      connected computers in the library that can be used by the school
      community.

      Thanks Ancel

      Rick

      On Monday, May 3, 2004, at 04:51 PM, Ancel Martinez wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > I’d like to know among families, teachers, staff and others: Who among
      > you would be interested in using free internet access at school via
      > their PC laptop? I know a company whose representatives have met with
      > Mark A. and that can donate wireless routers. The wireless service
      > could be used by parents to send and receive email, or surf the web
      > from BV. For instance, if you were waiting for your child before,
      > during or after school, this could available to you. Or you could work
      > with your child in the library on a particular project. Think of a
      > WiFi Hotspot for the BV community. (It would be the user’s
      > responsibility to have a PC laptop with a wireless card). Please let
      > me know what you think. I for one, would love it.
      >
      > Saludos, Ancel
      >
      > ancelmartinez@...
      >
      > Ancel Martinez, PTA Exec Board

      <image.tiff>