1049Re: [bvpta] Mexico 2006?

  • Cathy
    Jun 3 8:03 AM
      Thank you Jenny for spelling out points of controversy. After coming
      face to face with these points each year you'd think there'd be some
      resolution by now. By bringing these issues up front during the first
      planning meeting in Sept. for our 5th grade trips I hope we can find a
      general sense of which trip parents prefer, if any. Ideally our group
      could refine goals for each trip and recruit positive energy towards
      the Sacramento trip and perhaps change it to provide for those goals.
      As an incoming Kinder parent it was made clear to me what the 5th
      grade trip was about and I was aware of the fundraising efforts that
      went into paying for the trip. Perhaps this info is no longer being
      provided? I was not aware, however of the controversy until last year
      when I became a 4th grade parent for the first time and we shared our
      classroom with 5th graders.

      A Mexico trip Handbook was created subsequent to the 2004 trip and we
      are in the process of creating one for the 2005 trip. Review of the
      2004 & 2005 books could answer some of the questions you pose. The
      books are kept in the school office, however the 2005 is not yet
      completed and the 2004 is being used as a template. They should both
      be in the office soon for review. Also, Scott is planning to put much
      of the handbook on the website.

      We can strive for better communication among the whole community.
      Although, I have to say this year phone calls, flyers home, messages in
      Noticias, in addition to e-mails and teacher phone calls, seemed to
      provide for an endless flood of information and invitations for input.
      I seem to remember two PTA meetings where this trip was discussed and
      one with a slide show. We can and will try again next year.

      Cathy

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic