Blogging Contest (off topic)

  • cripactivist
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2007
      Apparently, there's this crazy contest where some amateur blogger is
      going to get paid to "go pro" for a year at a salary of $80,000,
      issued bi-weekly. You can read more about it at
      http://www.blogforayear.com/about. Based on the level of talent some
      of us have here, I'm sure one of us could win. Enter! Enter! Enter!

      And rock the Hell out of the able-bodied, White, heterosexual, male-
      dominated blogging paradigm! Be forewarned, I don't have any proof
      that this is a real thing (and not a scam) but it seems like actual
      people who I've heard of are running it. I plan to donate to the
      blogger fund after they've picked a winner this year, but not before
      they've announced their first winner.

      My current goal is not to win this contest, just to make sure
      someone stupid doesn't. There are people who would use the money for
      decidedly unprogressive things. Don't we already have enough of
      those perspectives?

      By the way, here's the link to vote for me

      http://www.blogforayear.com/profiles/martina-robinson

      Didn't think I'd let you get away without self-promotion, did you?

      Sincerely,
      Martina Robinson

      P.S.- Please forward