FANTASTIC NEWS FOR THE EB COMMUNITY!!!!!

  • Gena
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9 9:01 AM
      Hi, Everyone - Oh, my GOD!!!! We DID IT!!!! Remember this day -
      December 9, 2006.

      I woke up late this morning but the first thing I did, even before
      coffee, was to check out what happened in the House of Representatives
      last night after Barbara, Dennise and I finally went to bed... on the
      LAST DAY of the 109th Congress (talk about squeakin' by!!!):

      2:08 A.M. -

      Mr. Barton (TX) asked unanimous consent that the House agree to the
      Senate amendment.

      H. Res. 335 <http://clerk.house.gov/cgi-bin/lgwww_bill.pl?100335> :

      supporting the goals and ideals of a National Epidermolysis Bullosa
      Awareness Week to raise public awareness and understanding of the
      disease and to foster understanding of the impact of the disease on
      patients and their families

      Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.

      On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to without objection.

      To be ABSOLUTELY SURE of what I was reading, I looked up "all
      Congressional actions" for Bill H.RES.335 on http://thomas.loc.gov
      <http://thomas.loc.gov/> - here's what is posted:

      12/9/2006 2:07am:

      Committee on Energy and Commerce discharged.

      12/9/2006 2:07am:

      Mr. Barton (TX) asked unanimous consent to take from the Speaker's table
      and consider.

      12/9/2006 2:07am:

      Considered by unanimous consent.

      12/9/2006 2:08am:

      On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to without objection.

      12/9/2006 2:08am:

      Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.

      Latest Major Action: 12/9/2006 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On
      agreeing to the resolution Agreed to without objection.

      Have a look for yourselves...
      http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:HE00335:@@@X
      <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:HE00335:@@@X> and it
      should show up on the Congressional Record Daily Digest sometime later
      today or on Monday... http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/dailydigest
      <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/dailydigest>

      WE DID IT, EVERYONE!!!!

      NATIONAL EB AWARENESS WEEK IS OFFICIAL!!!

      Thank you, Don Peshkur and the whole Peshkur family!

      Thank you, Senators Schumer and Clinton!

      Thank you, Congressman Bishop!

      Thank you, DebRA and EBMRF!

      Thank you, volunteers Barbara Stowe, Shirley Jones, Dennise Joseph,
      Robin Eckworth, Allyson Anderson and Madeline Weiner!

      And thank you to ALL of the families

      who wrote to their legislators!

      We could NOT have done this without

      each and every one of you!

      What a FANTASTIC Christmas present!

      I couldn't ask for anything more!!!

      With love, and happiness, and a great big grin on my face!

      Gena

      P.S. The last thing I did last night before I went to bed was to look
      at two pictures I have of my Mom that are in my dining room. I put my
      hand on my heart, looked at her smiling face, and I said very quietly,
      "Mom, I did my best. I really want to do this for YOU. I have a good
      feeling, but I'm tired and I'm going to bed. If it happens, it happens.
      If it doesn't, we'll just keep working." I felt that the smile on her
      face was a bit of an omen, but it was funny, I'd never quite noticed how
      striking her smile was in those pictures before (I usually notice the
      softness in Mom's eyes in pictures of her). I just thought, 'Hmmm...'
      and gave a shrug. I went to bed feeling very comfortable with whatever
      happened - and then I saw the great news when I got up! If you believe
      in getting help from heaven, I am sure we got some last night!

    • jadedgeneration
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21 4:56 PM
        Hi Gena,

        Sorry no one's been replying to you. This group died a few times over
        the past few years and I think it's burried this last time! I have
        rejoined groups recently but don't hang about much. Thanks for posting :)

        Dee