Medical Incredible Air Date

  • unicorngirl1983@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2005
      Hi all!

      As many of you know, I was filmed last June for a show called Medical
      Incredible on the Discovery Health Channel. It was a very fun experience and I hope
      it will help spread EB awareness.

      The episode my story will be on is called "Butterfly Skin" so you can't miss
      it! It will air on the Discovery Health Channel on Friday, September 30th at
      10pm. If the air date changes I'll notify everyone again. You can visit the
      _Discovery Health_ (http://discoveryhealth.com/) Channel website for more
      information, just type "Medical Incredible" in the search box and then click on
      tv listings. This is what they have listed as the episode description:

      "Medical Incredible

      Butterfly Skin
      An 18-year old impaled by a fence post, undergoes surgery to have it
      removed. A 21-year old's skin blisters at the slightest touch and falls off. A
      pregnant woman in a coma somehow goes into natural labor. A Baltimore surgeon
      performs ankle transplants."

      If you miss the episode it will re-air on other days, just check your local
      listings for days and times. I know many of you also don't have the Discovery
      Health Channel so if you'd like me to make a copy on DVD or VHS and send it
      to you please e-mail me.

      Feel free to pass on this e-mail if I've forgotten anyone. I'm very excited
      and a little nervous, I can't wait. I can't believe the episode title is even
      named after my story!

      Also be sure to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on September 25th
      because the wonderful Thom family, who was recently in a documentary called My
      Flesh and Blood, will be receiving a home makeover! Susan Thom is a wonderful
      women who has adopted several special needs children, two of which had RDEB.
      Sadly both of them passed away including my friend Anthony, just last December.
      They're a very deserving family, I'm very excited for them.

      Anyway, if you'd like to contact me you can either e-mail or call me at
      760-840-9178. I actually will not be here the day it airs, I will be at camp
      for 4 days. So you all will get to see it before me! I'm not sure if my phone
      will get reception at camp or not but if not I will be back on Oct. 2nd.

      Thanks for everyone's support. HUGS

      ~Lots of Love~Gentle Hugs~Butterfly Kisses~And Special Wishes~

      })i({ Cristina })i({

      With skin as fragile as butterfly wings
      Big brown eyes and a heart that sings
      I'm small in size but not in hope
      I continue to survive and cope
      I use my wings to fly and soar
      Isn't that what butterfly wings are for?

      Visit my site: _www.ebinfo.homestead.com_ (http://www.ebinfo.homestead.com/)

    • hon_w.rm
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2005
        Hey Cristina,

        Glad you had a great time helping to spread awareness of EB, it's
        about time that the general public aknowledge how dreadful this
        condition can be. It still amazes how many people still don't know
        or haven't even heard of Epidermolysis Bullosa. But I believe that
        would change, as we sufferer's continue to make our voices herd.

        I hope your keeping well, it's been awhile since I last spoke to you!
        Keep in touch.

        Take care for now,
        God Bless
        Hon