Re: Active Members who wish to take control of this group

  • jadedgeneration
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2 7:30 PM
      *eyes pop out*

      Hon, wow! I've checked this group for the first time since... um... I
      dunno, I don't stick around Yahoo much at all anymore either. I've
      been hearing stories about you from Colin now and again. As for
      active members, well, I'm not so sure any exist when I look about...
      but oh well... the group is ticking over on it's own (or someone must
      be looking at it now and again, I know I'm not, really...)

      Anyway take care, good luck with the sky diving!
      Dee

      --- In butterflychildren@yahoogroups.com, hon_w.rm <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > Sorry it's litteraly been years since I last post anything on this
      > group, there's no excuse really I just been a lazy sod!
      >
      > Anyway I would appreciate it if anyone of the active members who
      > would like to take control of this group to benefit other's and
      > themselves with advice and treatments for EB as I don't regularly
      > check groups anymore. So if you would like to become a moderator,
      > please email me and I can change the settings to allow you to take
      > control of this group.
      >
      > My first aim when I started this group with my friend Colin, was to
      > raise awareness and to give parents, sufferers and anyone else
      > insterested, a place where they can discuss their experiences,
      their
      > treatments methods what works for them and what doesn't, ways to
      > improve life and overcome it's burdens.
      >
      > I just seen the pictures posted by the Lutter's and it brought back
      > memories when I visited Trevor back in 2000 with my friend Connie.
      > The years has flown past, and when I look back I don't know where
      it
      > has gone!
      >
      > I'm happy that Trevor is doing well, I knew his a fighther all
      along
      > since I first saw him blowing raspberries at me and Connie lol.
      >
      > I have been using new dressings lately which seems to improve the
      > wound management to some degree, I don't know if you have tried
      these
      > but it's worth a try to see how your sons/daughters or yourself
      with
      > EB take to it:-
      >
      > Meplilex Transfer (its a thin dressing that has a soft sponge feel
      > and lightleys sticks to the skin but not so that it hurts when u
      take
      > it off!) It comes it different sizes and its rather expensive but
      > it's worth it as it can stay on for a number of days depending on
      how
      > much the wounds exudes. If you have it on a number of days it's
      best
      > to soak it off when you want to replace it.
      >
      > Another dressings Im trying out now is one called:-
      >
      > ActiveformCool (the soothing hydrogel wound dressing) its part made
      > of water and it's a gel type dressing, if you have wounds that are
      > hot, because it's imflamed etc, you can leave this dressing in the
      > fridge and then apply to the wound, and it will stay cool for a
      while
      > thus cooling the affected area.
      >
      > That's all for now.
      >
      > P.S Anyone like to sponsor me to do my skydiving challange in order
      > to fundraise for DEBRA? yes.. I'm mad and it will hurt! lol
    • Ernie Lutter
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3 7:15 PM
        Hon,

        i just wanted to say, if no one else wants to be the moderator, I would be happy to.
        Glad to hear from you Hon. You're one of my heros. We too enjoyed meeting you. Are you coming back any time soon? Talk to you later.

        Holly

        Message 3 of 8 , May 7 9:15 PM
          It would be a good thing to have a mod who checks regularly... there
          are still spammers and the like appearing now and again, I guess! I
          know this group has been on the brink of deletion more than once,
          but I for one don't ever want that... no matter how quiet it gets,
          there's always the fantastic hilarious archives to look though! :)

          --- In butterflychildren@yahoogroups.com, Ernie Lutter

        • hon_w.rm
          Message 4 of 8 , May 13 3:54 AM
            Hi Holly and everyone else who reads this post,

            I made you a moderator Holly, I don't know when I will be back in
            Oklahoma it's been five years since I last went there lol, but I know
            one day I will be back to see my friends.

            Dee! I;m sorry I haven't talked to u in ages too! Yes there been
            crazy moments lol but I think thats the best way to live life, is to
            have some fun now and then, I saw Colin yesterday at home with his
            wife, they both doing fine, tho busy with work n stuff still as nutty
            lol as ever.

            I got a DEBRA AGM meeting tomorrow, so I got to get going as I got a
            3 hour drive down to Middlesex! Though have to wait for the paint to
            dry first on the car! lol

            I let you know if I see/use anymore different types of creams
            dressings etc as they going to put some on display the the DEBRA AGM.

            Speak to you all soon, take care

            God Bless
            Hon

            --- In butterflychildren@yahoogroups.com, jadedgeneration

          • Colin Townsend
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 10, 2005
              Hiya Hon,

              I'm BACK!

              Nice to see you Saturday :)

              Blessings,

              Colin :)
            • hon_w.rm
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
                Hey Colin,

                It was great to see yer and Lyn on saturday when is the next DVD night
                in lol, this time I shall pop round to yours as my dvd player don't
                work lol.

                Speak to you soon, God Bless
                Hon

                Welcome back to the
                --- In butterflychildren@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Townsend"
                <castlering@g...> wrote:

                > Hiya Hon,
                >
                > I'm BACK!
                >
                > Nice to see you Saturday :)
                >
                > Blessings,
                >
                > Colin :)

              • Colin Townsend
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 20, 2005
                  Yo Hon!

                  It was indeed wonderful to spend the day with you - was lots of fun :)

                  Monty Python evening - our place - we're looking at the 29th of
                  October...you up for it? TELL THE WORLD (and bring some munchies!)

                  Laters bro

                  Colin.