Long Live Football

  • pinky_lefty_revolutionary
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      Tuesday, 30th April 2002. Manchester United lose in the semi-finals
      of the UEFA Cup, and Deirdre is much saddened.

      Not a trophy to be had this year. Not one! (The Premiership isn't won
      yet, but that's the stuff for dreams, or 1999). Of course I have, as
      a lot of Man Utd fans have done, slipped into a comfortable smug
      world of gaurenteed wins and no competition. Hear that great solid
      sickening THUNK!? That's me hitting the ground rather firmly as I
      return to the real world.

      It isn't over-confidence that has Man Utd in the loser's corner this
      year - not as what has and does happen to top Premiership sides. Our
      day has come, and gone, and in the wake of the treble of 1999, here
      we sit, licking our wounds with shocked surprised raised eyebrows.

      Delights to see Roy Keane not only back on the pitch, but scoring a
      goal (and what a goal), triumphant screams of KEANO! from the Irish
      contingency. Would they have made it with Beckham? I don't care.
      Manchester United's season is over, the World Cup looms, and from
      May 'till September I hate that gobsh^`e; his haircut, kangaroo skin
      boots, pop star wife and superior attitude.

      Really could have done with Beckham though.

      It now all sits in the hands of the true Merseyside squad:

      Everton.

      Nice blue jerseys.
      THEY PLAY FOOTBALL?!?!
      When?
      Where do they play football?
      I've never seen them play football!
      Oh right, you mean they TRY to play football. Ok. If Everton can A)
      Beat, B) Draw with, or C) slaughter the Arsenal team, then the
      Premiership title may just be saved to rest in Old Trafford, if, big
      defeatest pessimistic IF, Man Utd beat Arsenal next Wednesday night.
      I have no doubts, but for sore feelings and sulking, Man Utd will (or
      should) beat Charlton on Saturday week. That's what it boils down to.
      Not only does the Premiership champions title rest on their defeat of
      Arsenal, but on Everton's defeat of Arsenal. If you've got to put
      your faith in someone else's team, WHY EVERTON?!?

      That's enough of a rant. I don't care who I've bored to the teeth
      with this one. LONG... LIVE... FOOTBALL.

      Red devils and lanky bald French goalkeepers.
      Deirdre
    • rash_1999_uk
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2002
        I take it your not in victoria beckahams fan club then dee. Did you
        see the documentry she done about her life that was on the box a few
        month back? It was rather interesting considering I wasn't to struck
        on her either. I guess she does do a hell of a lot for charity
        though. Keep it up i say......

        Hows the hair today. lol

        love rash

        By the way the only time I have anything to do with football is when
        the little one wants a new strip.

        --- In butterflychildren@y..., pinky_lefty_revolutionary

      • pinky_lefty_revolutionary
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2002
          Hiya Rash

          Nah, I saw nothing about Victoria Beckham on the telly. The only time
          I have anything much to do with her is during the soccer season and
          I'm sure she's messing with David's head and that's why he's not
          putting them away for Man Utd.

          Deirdre