[bushwalking] Hello from a new member

  • Martin, David B. (Ex AS01)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Hi All

      I joined the group yesterday and I figured I should introduce myself...

      Here goes

      First that basics - Name - David Martin, Age - 28, Occupation - Software
      Engineer.
      Now the interesting stuff -

      I've been a keen bushwalker since I was about 5 but am only just getting
      back into it after a fairly long absence due to work/study/marriage etc.

      I've been walking the fire trails near my house up in Hornsby in Sydney for
      the last few months to regain the fitness that I used to have and am now
      keen to expand my walking horizons. I'm also a keen nature photographer so I
      tend to annoy the heck out of fellow walkers by stopping every few minutes
      to set up the tripod and take pictures. Nature photographers have no concept
      of traveling light so even on a short walk I carry a photo backpack with
      about 10-15kg of cameras, lenses and film. If nothing else it gives me a
      good workout.

      If anyone is organizing a walk an any of the parks north of Sydney and
      doesn't mind stopping for photo opportunities, I would love to hear from
      you. I would rate my current level of fitness as able to handle an
      easy/medium grade trail with the pack and medium without it. If anyone out
      there is also a nature photographer I would love to hear from you as well.

      My wife and I are keen (though irregular due to work commitments) campers.
      I'm currently searching for a site with recommendations for camping sites
      around the country. Any ideas? If anyone out there knows about a nice camp
      site, fairly close to Sydney (close enough to go for a weekend) that is in a
      nice spot, with good walks and is not usually crowded, could you let me
      know?

      See you on the trails.

      Cheers
      Dave
      DNRC: Director General Of The Smacking Your Head
      Against The Monitor In Frustration Institute

      Ineffables Effed
      Inscrutables Scruted