friend needs ride to party in Michigan this weekend - got space?

  • mdhoersch
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi Y'all,

      A friend of mine needs a ride to Michigan this weekend for the
      party. She is flexible as far as staying overnight if necessary.
      Does anyone have an extra seat in their car to give her a ride
      roundtrip? If so, I'd really appreciate it.
      Thanks, and look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

      --Michelle
    • Phillip Solomonson (Debbie H.)
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 8, 2002
        This weekend we have two major activites:

        1) Paint Banners: (Bark, Cindy, Julie, Bunk, Maria)

        2) Build Structure: (Groot, Greg, Michele, Phil, Pat,
        Deb)

        Is their anyone else available to come up to Michigan
        to build the structure? The banner team is set but we
        could use more help with the structure.

        We need to know both head count and estimated time of
        arrival (ETA).

        Thanks,

        Phil

        =====
        Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
        Burning Chicagoans
        whistleworks2002@...

        Check out our web site at:
        http://www.barkley.org/whistle

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Phillip Solomonson (Debbie H.)
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 8, 2002
          We plan to take a 'Chuck Wagon' approach to keeping
          our communal cooking equipment out on the playa.

          As part of the meal planning effort, Maggie has agreed
          to help gather all the community cooking equipment,
          inventory it and pack it.

          PLEASE post a note and notify her of what you have
          currently or what you are willing to donate.

          I have some pots and pans - Phil

          Thanks!!!!!!

          =====
          Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
          Burning Chicagoans
          whistleworks2002@...

          Check out our web site at:
          http://www.barkley.org/whistle

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • debbie_hilander
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 9, 2002
            Since I did not attend last year...how does this shared meal prep
            work? Where does the cooking take place? Where does the food get
            stored? How many meals will we be sharing (i.e. breakfast, lunch and
            dinner)?

            Since Pat & I are renting an RV we were planning on bringing cooking
            equipment to use on the RV and we were planning on bringing these
            items home. (We will not be overnighting just at b.man.)

            Phil - please give some incite on this topic & I'll let you know what
            we will donate to the cause.

            Thanks.
            --- In burningchicagoans@y..., "Phillip Solomonson \(Debbie H.\)"
            <whistleworks2002@y...> wrote:
            > We plan to take a 'Chuck Wagon' approach to keeping
            > our communal cooking equipment out on the playa.
            >
            > As part of the meal planning effort, Maggie has agreed
            > to help gather all the community cooking equipment,
            > inventory it and pack it.
            >
            > PLEASE post a note and notify her of what you have
            > currently or what you are willing to donate.
            >
            > I have some pots and pans - Phil
            >
            > Thanks!!!!!!
            >

            > =====
            > Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
            > Burning Chicagoans
            > whistleworks2002@y...
            >
            > Check out our web site at:
            > http://www.barkley.org/whistle

            > http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • debbie_hilander
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 9, 2002

              <whistleworks2002@y...> wrote:
              > We plan to take a 'Chuck Wagon' approach to keeping
              > our communal cooking equipment out on the playa.
              >
              > As part of the meal planning effort, Maggie has agreed
              > to help gather all the community cooking equipment,
              > inventory it and pack it.
              >
              > PLEASE post a note and notify her of what you have
              > currently or what you are willing to donate.
              >
              > I have some pots and pans - Phil
              >
              > Thanks!!!!!!
              >

              > =====
              > Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
              > Burning Chicagoans
              > whistleworks2002@y...
              >
              > Check out our web site at:
              > http://www.barkley.org/whistle

              > http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • jongroot
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 9, 2002
                Everyone coming to Michigan for the work weekend can stay at our
                Summer Cottage on Saturday night. No tents needed! We will have
                both spare bedrooms available as well as the couch and blow up
                mattresses on the floor. Michelle & I need a head count though so we
                can prepare. Please post if you plan to stay with us, when you can
                arrive on Saturday, and when you plan to leave on Sunday.

                Thanks

                Groot & Michelle
              • Phillip Solomonson (Debbie H.)
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 9, 2002
                  I will be there no later than 11:00 Michigan time and
                  will stay through late afternoon Sunday.

                  Phil

                  =====
                  Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
                  Burning Chicagoans
                  whistleworks2002@...

                  Check out our web site at:
                  http://www.barkley.org/whistle

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • magpie2877
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 15, 2002
                    Well, here I am attempting to tackle one of the most important issues
                    of the camp: FOOD!

                    This is long, but really important, so please read til the end.

                    For those of you who may have not participated in burning man and/or
                    the shared meal part of burning man, here's how it goes:

                    We want to have a community, hot meal each evening for our whole camp
                    as well some guests we may invite. (You are responsible for your own
                    breakfast and lunch) There will be 2(or more) people in charge of
                    food preparation each night at burning man. The food prep. people are
                    in charge of planning, purchasing, bringing, maintaining, and
                    preparing the food for their respective evening. That means that
                    people at the end of the week need to be a bit more careful of their
                    food choices, as they have to keep it "fresh" for longer amounts of
                    time.

                    There also needs to be people signed up for clean-up each night.
                    People who prepare the food are not responsible for clean-up on their
                    night! We can talk about if clean-up will share the cost of food with
                    the food prep. people. Clean-up responsibilities include cleaning up
                    any mess that the food preparation and serving the food created- IT
                    DOES NOT INCLUDE THE MESS OF PERSONAL ITEMS such as people's own
                    bowls, spoons, etc.

                    So far, here is the schedule:

                    MONDAY FOOD PREP: Mikel, Maggie
                    MONDAY CLEAN-UP: Kate

                    TUESDAY FOOD PREP: Michele
                    TUESDAY CLEAN-UP:

                    WEDNESDAY FOOD PREP: Pat,Debbie
                    WEDNESDAY CLEAN-UP:

                    THURSDAY FOOD PREP: Cindy, Alicia
                    THURSDAY CLEAN-UP:

                    FRIDAY FOOD PREP: Julie, Bunky
                    FRIDAY CLEAN-UP:

                    SATURDAY FOOD PREP: Blake, Phil
                    SATURDAY CLEAN-UP:

                    SUNDAY FOOD PREP:
                    SUNDAY CLEAN-UP:

                    Obviously, we still have many shifts to fill. Every day but Monday
                    (thanks Kate!) needs a clean-up person and sunday needs food prep as
                    well.

                    Some things that we still need to consider:
                    *Who is responsible for the water to clean dishes?
                    *Are we each responsible for our own personal bowls, etc. or should I
                    just buy these in bulk and distribute later?

                    Things I will write about later:
                    *The number of people each night to be expected to cook for
                    *How to keep food cold for long amounts of time
                    *What community pots/pans/cooking gear will be available to each team
                    *How many vegetarians/meat-eaters there will be
                    *When dinner will be each evening
                    *Cleaning rules

                    What I need now:
                    *People to sign up for shifts! Multiple people cleaning up will make
                    everything much easier for everyone. It won't be that bad as we are
                    really trying to reduce waste this year. It's an easy way to
                    contribute to camp!
                    *Bring any pots/pans/serving spoons/cooking gear to Michigan this
                    weekend OR bring it to my house for me to take BEFORE this weekend.
                    *Let me know what you are thinking about cooking so that we don't
                    repeat things too much(remember there will need to be a vegetarian
                    choice).

                    Thanks for reading this far!

                    Maggie

                    magpie2877@...
                  • jongroot
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 15, 2002
                      I volunteer for clean up on Tuesday night.
                      I'm working on a solution to our grey water disposal problem.
                      I'm hoping we can reuse the 50 gallon barrels we are bringing to
                      transport water for the Steam Whistle to hold grey water after our
                      performances are finished. I just need to figure out a way to pump
                      them or lift them into the garbage truck once they are full. We were
                      able to get rid of one at the Fernley dump last year.

                      > *How many vegetarians/meat-eaters there will be

                      CUP OF SAUSAGE FOR ME ON VEGGIE NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      > Thanks to Debbie for untangling them - a major undertaking!

                      I'll admit it. I tangled them. Sorry Debbie!

                      Groot
                    • Phillip Solomonson (Debbie H.)
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 17, 2002
                        Do to the cooking crews have menus to post yet?

                        I would hate to have grilled cheese 4 out of 5 nights.

                        Phil

                        Blake, do you have any suggestions for our night??

                        Jeff, are you in?

                        Sol

                        =====
                        Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
                        Burning Chicagoans
                        whistleworks2002@...

                        Check out our web site at:
                        http://www.barkley.org/whistle

                        http://autos.yahoo.com
                      • Pat Hilander
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                          Me and Debbie will be serving chili (veggie+meat versions) on Wednesday. We
                          can clean-up on Tuesday night.
                          -Pat

                        • Ris, Julie A.
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                            Bunk and I still have to think about our night which, I believe is either
                            Thurs or Friday-we'll be arriving on Thursday, so should be able to bring
                            some fresh fruits and veggies

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                              Blake,

                              What do we want to feed our masses on Saturday?
                              Remember, we are serving on burn night, so want
                              something that isn't too heavy. Pasta snd veggie red
                              sauce?

                              PAS

                              =====
                              Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
                              Burning Chicagoans
                              whistleworks2002@...

                              Check out our web site at:
                              http://www.barkley.org/whistle

                              http://autos.yahoo.com
                            • marialahussy
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                                I will do clean up on THURSDAY for sure and them fill in where needed

                                Maria

                                whistleworks2002@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                                > > *People to sign up for shifts! Multiple people
                                > > cleaning up will make
                                > > everything much easier for everyone. It won't be
                                > > that bad as we are
                                > > really trying to reduce waste this year. It's an
                                > > easy way to
                                > > contribute to camp!
                                > > *Bring any pots/pans/serving spoons/cooking gear to
                                > > Michigan this
                                > > weekend OR bring it to my house for me to take
                                > > BEFORE this weekend.
                                > > *Let me know what you are thinking about cooking so
                                > > that we don't
                                > > repeat things too much(remember there will need to
                                > > be a vegetarian
                                > > choice).
                                > >
                                > > Thanks for reading this far!
                                > >
                                > > Maggie
                                > >
                                > > magpie2877@y...
                                > >

                                > =====
                                > Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications

                              • magpie2877
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                                  thanks pat for the menu update.

                                  groot has already signed up for tusday night clean up. friday,
                                  saturday, and sunday are still open.

                                  thanks,
                                  maggie

                                  --- In burningchicagoans@y..., "Pat Hilander" <captain_magic00@h...>

                                  http://mobile.msn.com
                                • magpie2877
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                                    julie,

                                    fyi.

                                    your night is friday. just let me know when you have decided on menu.

                                    thanks,
                                    maggie

                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                  • magpie2877
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                                      maria,

                                      you're on for thursday clean-up.

                                      thanks!
                                      maggie

                                      --- In burningchicagoans@y..., marialahussy <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                                      > > > easy way to
                                      > > > contribute to camp!
                                      > > > *Bring any pots/pans/serving spoons/cooking gear to
                                      > > > Michigan this
                                      > > > weekend OR bring it to my house for me to take
                                      > > > BEFORE this weekend.
                                      > > > *Let me know what you are thinking about cooking so
                                      > > > that we don't
                                      > > > repeat things too much(remember there will need to
                                      > > > be a vegetarian
                                      > > > choice).
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Thanks for reading this far!
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Maggie
                                      > > >
                                      > > > magpie2877@y...
                                      > > >

                                      > > =====
                                      > > Philamonjaro, Minister of Communications
                                      > > Burning Chicagoans
                                      > > whistleworks2002@y...
                                      > >
                                      > > Check out our web site at:
                                      > > http://www.barkley.org/whistle

                                      > > Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes
                                    • debbie_hilander
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                                        Pat & I will take on Sunday clean up. I would also like to make
                                        gazpacho (spelling?) & breadsticks on our night.

                                        FYI - Pat & I will be buying a large Igloo cooler which we will lend
                                        to the b. man camp. We plan on loading it on the Red Moon RV (which I
                                        have cleared with Phil). When we determine how much space will be
                                        available for others to load premade food/meals onto I will update
                                        via the yahoo group. (If we get the cooler we want we will have
                                        plenty of room.)

                                        Thanks for organizing the food!

                                      • magpie2877
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                                          debbie,

                                          fancy! thanks for the menu update and i have you down on clean-up for
                                          sunday.

                                          thanks!
                                          maggie

                                        • mdhoersch
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 18, 2002
                                            Debbie,

                                            I don't recall if you are a Costco member, but, if you are, there is
                                            a huge igloo cooler for a great price there. You may want to check it
                                            out.

                                            Michelle