Books about Poland

    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2004
      For those interested in buying books about Poland at a discount, I
      suggest
      Overstock.com :
      http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=STORELIST&STO_ID=3

      and Books-a-million: http://www.booksamillion.com/

      You can save more at Books-a-million if you buy a membership card. Right
      now, there is also free shipping if you purchase more than $25.00 in
      books. You'll have to decide if the membership is worth it. It is if you
      buy a lot of books in a year.

      Once you get to the sites, in the SEARCH block type, Poland. You'll get
      a lot of returns, especially on the Books-a-million site. I did find the
      cheapest new hardback copy of _A Question of Honor_ by Lynne Olsen and
      Stanley ???? at Overstock.com though.

      You'll find books for kids and adults and books about Poland's history
      (even the ones suggested on this list), joining NATO, joining the EU. I
      saw a book about Bial~ystok area, one about Napoleon's Poland, and other
      "odd" books.
      There are books I didn't know existed on subjects mentioned on the list!

      Happy Shopping!
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
        I did some on line book shopping today at BOOKS a MILLION.com and
        thought I'd share some of the interesting books I found. No, I did not
        order all of them. I've included the club prices too.

        http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?redirect=1

        As a bonus you can get free shipping for orders over $25.00. Look for
        the FREE SHIPPING25 coupon as you search and place your order.

        To see even more books, at the top of the home page click on subject and
        type in POLAND. Some are really cheap!

        "Rising '44", by Norman Davies published, May 2004
        ISBN 0670032840 $20.76

        "White Eagle, Red Star: The Polish-Soviet War 1919-20 and 'The Miracle
        on the Vistula'" by Norman Davies published, Aug. 2004
        ISBN 0712606947 $16.52

        "When God Looked the Other Way: An Odyssey of War, Exile, and
        Redemption" by
        Wesley Adamczyk, published June 2004.
        ISBN 0226004430 $16.76

        "Life's Journey: Autobiography" by Eugene Bak, published Feb 2003
        ISBN 0880335076 $36.63

        "A Secret Life: The Polish Officer, His Covert Mission, and the Price He
        Paid To Save His Country" by Benjamin Weiser published Jan 2004
        ISBN 1891620541 $19.80

        "The Glass Mountain and Other Polish Fairy Tales" by Elsie Byrde
        published Dec 2000
        ISBN 0486413063 .90

        "The Polish Country Kitchen Cookbook" by Sophie Hodorowicz Knab
        published Nov 2001
        ISBN 0781808820 $16.73

        "The Bravest Battle: The Twenty-Eight Days of the Warsaw Ghetto
        Uprising"
        by Dan Kurzman, published Sept 1993
        ISBN 0306805332 $12.07

        "Poland: An Illustrated History" by Iwo C. Pogonowski, published Oct
        2000 ISBN 0781807573 $10.68

        "The Polish Way: A Thousand-Year History of the Poles and Their Culture"
        by Adam Zamoyski, published Dec 1993
        ISBN 0781802008 $13.38

        "Polish Traditions, Customs, and Folklore" by Sophie Hodorowicz Knab
        Revised Ed. published Aug 1996
        ISBN 0781805155 $15.09

        "Polish Piano Music" Works by Paderewski, Scharwenka, Moszkowski and
        Szymanowski by Ignace Jan Paderewski, published Sept 1999
        ISBN 0486406245 $10.02

        "The Deluge, Volume II An Historical Novel of Poland, Sweden, and
        Russia"
        by Henryk K. Sienkiewicz published Jan 2001
        ISBN 158963019X $24.71

        "The Trilogy Companion A Reader's Guide to the Trilogy of Henryk
        Sienkiewicz" by Jerzy Krzyzanowski, published Feb 1992
        ISBN 0870522213 $9.00

        "Exiled to Siberia A Polish Child's WWII Journey" by Klaus Hergt;
        Tadeusz Piotrowski, published Dec 2000
        ISBN 0970043201 $25.16

        "When Light Pierced the Darkness: Christian Rescue of Jews in
        Nazi-Occupied Poland" by Nechama Tec, published Oct 1987
        ISBN 0195051947 $10.69

        "Polish Folk Dances and Songs: Step-By-Step Guide" by Ada
        Dziewanowska, published Oct 1997
        ISBN 0781804205 $30.04

        "Polish Wycinanki Designs" by Frances Drwal, published Sept 1994
        ISBN 0880450584 $5.33

        "Nine Lives Ethnic Conflict in the Polish-Ukrainian Borderlands" by
        Lotnik Waldemar; Julian Preece; Neal Ascherson, published Aug 2000
        ISBN 1897959400 $10.02

        "The Diary of Dawid Sierakowiak: Five Notebooks from the Lodz Ghetto"
        by Dawid Sierakowiak; Alan Adelson; Kamil Turowski, published May
        1998 ISBN 0195122852 $14.54

        You can also find various copies and prices of Norman Davies' two
        volume, "God's Playground."

        http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?redirect=1