[PBS] Bednarczyk-Burnatowski Moskalewicz-Nadolany/Pielnia m. in Nowotaniec

  • peekaboobrat
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 10:34 PM
      A correction I did not notice as to the Jul 07 1880 Marriage site of my Great Grampa Michal Bednarczyk to Katzaryna n. Burnatowska Moskalewicz Bednarczyk.
      St Nicholas Church, where Don B saw his information, was in Nowotaniec and not.... Nadolany.
      I did not realize Nadolany was so close to Bukowsko! Monday, January 5, 2009 6:01 AM
      So reseaching can be at the Bukowsko website too!
      Any hlp with this branch of my ancestors will be gratefully accepted. In the past I was detoured. Church archives in America show only Pielnia-Sanok an Galicia. And Katzaryna is Catherine Moskal in the GC Archives of Forest City PA housed in Jessup PA USA
      Joanie Wielgus Thefollowing emails were not rea until recently....
      ---------
      From: "Bronwyn Klimach" bronklimach@...
      To: polandbordersurnames@...
      Hmmm, a scenario some of us know too well :(
      I suspected you would have looked at that aspect Tina; we appreciate the
      time you spend looking into such queries, thank you.
      Bronwyn.
      ----------
      On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Tina Ellis <polska dot research at gmail.com> wrote
      If I remember correctly, there were not any that fell into the time frame she is searching.  Neither the LDS or State Archives in Poland seem to have them.
      Tina
      ---------
      On 1/3/09, Bronwyn Klimach <bronklimach@...> wrote:
      Tina, Were you able to tell if there is a Church there that may hold old unfilmed etc records for Joanie's family? Best wishes for 2009 to all. Bronwyn.
      ---------
      On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Tina Ellis <polska dot research at gmail.com wrote:
      Joanie,
      I did some checking and found that sw. Mikolaj (St. Nicholas) is not located in Nodalany.  It is in Nowotaniec, and has been there since 1424.  You can use these sites to verify this: http://dir.icm.edu.pl/pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_VI/859 & http://www.genpol.com/Katalog_Zasobow_Metrykalnych-parafia_5606.html. Nadolany is 1.268 kilometers (less than one mile, about 4/5) from Nowotaniec.
      The LDS and the archives in Poland has only a few years of records for this parish (1891-1899).
      Tina Ellis
      -------
      On 12/30/08, peekaboobrat <peekaboobrat@...> wrote:
      http://www.bukowsko.pl/asp/mapa.htm
      My great grandfather Michal Bednarczyk 1853-1904 and great grandmother Katzaryna n.Burnatowski Moskalewicz were married on Jul 07 1880 at St Nicholas CATHOLIC CHURCH in Nadolany Poland. ![really Nowotaniec]!
      I'D LOVE TO KNOW HOW THEY MET; WHERE SHE WAS ORIGINALLY FROM; AND WHERE HER FAMILY BURNATOWSKI ORIGINALLY CAME FROM. They immigrated from Pielnia in the 19th century. The 1900 USA census says in 1890-1893. Other sources say 1880-1883
      Michal was born in Pienia CALLED AUSTRIA POLISH. Military records there say Michal was part of the 45th regiment Sigmund Archduke.
      I did not realize Nadolany was so close to Bukowsko!
      The map shows the way to Krosno & Romanow to the west, and Sanok, Przemysl & Rzeszow to the east.  These were mentioned in my research.
      Nowotaniec, Wolica, Nagorzany, were also mentioned. So I have a better understanding of the areas.
      Joanie Wielgus- peekaboobrat at yahoo dot com