Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Translation Help

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
      Gloria,

      I think you are correct. The archive has cadastral (index) information
      about Kotlarz, Wdowiak, Warcholik, Juszczyk and Jakubowski but
      apparently the index does not list Kocan or Pastuszak.

      What village did you ask them about, Dudyn~ce?

      It's possible that Kocan and Pastuszak owned property in another
      village, or that they didn't own property at all.

      Debbie

      elstonwe@... wrote:
      > I have followed Debbie's lead and requested cadastral maps and info from
      the Przemyslu Archive, who has responded with a letter written in Polish,
      as expected. There are a few sentences that I am not sure about. The
      statement repeats what I had requested, but the part that lists my family
      surnames makes me think they have info on some of them, but not others.
      I would like to clarify it.

    • elstonwe@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
        Debbie, Thanks for confirming my thought. I will have to reread some of my old records about the Kocan and Pastuszak families. Yes, This request was for the Dudynce village. I am so glad that this is available and thanks to someone on this list for telling us all about it. I would also like to say that my response from the archive was rather rapid (two weeks?) Maybe this is a slow time for the archivists, and of course, email is quick.

        Thanks again for the translation help.
        Gloria
        -------------- Original message from Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...>: --------------

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
          Gloria,

          The Przemysl Civil Archive responded quickly to me also however, I
          haven't received the records yet. I gave them the go-ahead on October
          9, 2009. I imagine it will be a few months.

          Debbie