Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Found a Dudynce Cousin

  • MaryAnn Bensinger
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2009
      Anna Maciejowska was the step daughter (and god daughter) of Maria Ba~k
      Maciejowska. Maria was the second wife of Anthony Maciejowski. Anna
      also had a brother (Michal) who came to the US with Maria (per Anthony's
      instructions to her). Anna was to remain in Poland and "take over the
      family farm". Maria also spoke of "the government" taking either a
      mineral or an ore from the ground of the family farm and supposedly
      putting the family's share in the bank (I don't know over what period of
      time or who she referred to as "the government"..Polish or perhaps the
      Russians).
      MaryAnn

      elstonwe@... wrote:

> [...]
      > mistaken. I believe I read that house #52 was the L~akus family (whom
      > her stepdaughter Anna Maciejowska married into later).
      > I am going to have to rent the films again and go over them. Perhaps I
      > can find Magdalena's marriage record which would verify her parents.
      > MaryAnn
      >
      > elstonwe@... <mailto:elstonwe%40att.net> wrote:
      > >

      > > I found a Magdalena Kolodiej born Jan 26, 1856 daughter of Stephanus
      > > Kolodiej (Joannes and Anna Szczerba) and Eva Forysik(? spelling)
      > > (Gregory Forysik and Catherina Swirk) House #24 Dudynce
      > >
      > > Is this your ancestor?
      > >
      > > -------------- Original message from "Mary Ann"
      > > <bensings@... <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>
      > <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>>:
      > > --------------
      > >
      > > Gloria,
      > > The names certainly got messed up "in transit"!
      > > They were:
      > > Magdalena Kol~odzie/Kolody, Ilko Ba~k, Anna Wozna/Wozny, Michal
      > > Maciejowski, and my Aunt Anna Maciejowska married Iwan L~akus.
      > >
      > > Hope this clears things up..lol.
      > > MaryAnn
      > >
      > > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>, MaryAnn Bensinger
      > > <bensings@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Gloria,
      > > > Here are my family names from Dudynce:
      > > >
      > > > My great grandmother was Magdalena Ko?odzie/Kolody, my great
      > > grandfather
      > > > was Ilko Ba;k on my grandmother's side.
      > > > My great grandmother was Anna Wozna/Wozny, my great grandfather was
      > > > Michal Maciejowski on my grandfather's side.
      > > > I also had an aunt Anna Maciejowska who remained in Dudynce and
      > married
      > > > Iwan ?akus. They were the relatives who were shipped to Siberia. I
      > know
      > > > this because my father received a letter (smuggled in) from Anna
      > > > telling of their plight; but the exact location in Siberia is not
      > > > known at this time (altho my grandfather, Anthony Maciejowski/Machusky
      > > > corresponded with her AFTER their "relocation"....the address was lost
      > > > when he passed away).
      > > >
      > > > I know there is still a Ko?odzie family in Dudynce, but I haven't been
      > > > able to tie them in with my family. Michael Kolody was kind enough to
      > > > send me a CD of his interview with that Kolody family and I did
      > take it
      > > > to San Antonio, Texas and play it for some Kolody family members
      > there.
      > > >
      > > > Any information about any ties to these families would be greatly
      > > > appreciated!
      > > >
      > > > MaryAnn Maciejowska/Machusky-Bensinger
      > > > Rockledge, FL

      > > early
      > > threat

      > teeth
      > > All
      > when the

      > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>

    • MaryAnn Bensinger
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 1, 2009
        Gloria,
        I have no dates beyond Maria Ba~k Maciejowski's generation.
        I found a marriage record between a Kolodiej and a Maciejowski but
        couldn't verify the ties.
        I lost touch with Mike Kolody/Kolodiej after he sent me the CD of his
        interview with the Dudynce Kolodiej's.
        I really need to view the LDS films again because the first time I
        viewed them I was new to this research and a bit overwhelmed at the
        volume of information presented.
        MaryAnn

      • elstonwe@att.net
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 1, 2009
          .
          -------------- Original message from MaryAnn Bensinger <bensings@...>: -------------- Mary Ann, I have copies of the Dudynce Gk Cath birth records 1839-1870.

          Some observations:

          House # 52 is not noted for any record of birth during these years in the birth records(There was and is a R.C. church in the village. Could your records be there? I have never seen films of those records, have you?)

          Anna, wife of Michael Maciejowski is noted as being godmother to a child, Apr 13 1843, House #11 Podgei and Apr 13, 1850 House #13 Dudynce.

          Two births noted for Michael Maciejowski and Anna Sawka (not your Anna) House # 9 in Markowce,

          That is all I see in Gk Cath birth records.

          elstonwe@... wrote:

> [...]
          > > <bensings@... <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>
          > <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>>:
          > > --------------
          > >
          > > Congratulations...I'm so happy for you, Gloria! I'd give my eye teeth
          > > (or something of more value..lol) to find a relative from Dudynce! All
          > > my relatives were put into cattle cars and dumped in Siberia when the
          > > Russians controlled Poland. Fat chance I have of finding them in
          > > Siberia (short of a miracle).
          > > MaryAnn Maciejowska/Machusky-Bensinger
          > > Rockledge, FL
          > >
          > > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>, elstonwe@... wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Happy news! I found a Dudynce cousin who shares a common ancestor
          > > with me 5 generations back, Francesca Jakubowski. This person lives in
          > > Argentina. My, we are a well traveled group.

        • osiuraklaban
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 1, 2009
            --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, elstonwe@... wrote:

            > Happy news! I found a Dudynce cousin who shares a common ancestor with me 5 generations back, Francesca Jakubowski. This person lives in Argentina. My, we are a well traveled group.
            >
            > Gloria

            Hello Gloria,
            My mother Magdalena Osiurak (nee Furdak) was friends with a Anna Jakubouska which was her married name. I believe she was a neighbor of my mom's in Pelnia. Anna lived in NY at Marks PL in the 60's My mother's mom (my grand ma ) was Eudozia Wozny married to my grandpa Peter Furdak. Peter's first wife was a Anna Dzugan. I also found a Furdak family in France who's got Kolody in it I believe . I need to check my notes. I also copied most of the Greek Cath church records for Pelnia from LDs. I need to find this stuffto confirm this informtion.
            Theresa
          • elstonwe@att.net
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 1, 2009
              Theresa, We have chatted in the past off list. Good to hear from you again. I am especially interested in how you did your French research. My Jakubowski was seven generations ago so it is not a common name among current relatives. I guess if we go back far enough we are all related in Dudynce. I have seen several Wozny records in the birth records. As I remember the available microfilmed marriage records of Pielnia parish were incomplete. If I remember correctly there were about 4 marriages performed in "say" ten years. Didn't seem right to me. I think I wrote to the archive in Zarsyn years ago and they did send me a handwritten list of Kotlar records (maternal grandmother's surname) However, I could not fit them into my tree. Are your Wozneys related to Mary Ann's?

              Gloria
              -------------- Original message from "osiuraklaban" <TMTeoli@...>: --------------

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 2, 2009
                My family was Greek Catholic. I haven't seen RC records either.
                My grandmother (Maria Ba~k-Maciejowska) was born 5/28/1888. She was the
                godmother of Anna Maciejowska-L~akos who was the daughter of my
                grandfather (Antoni Maciejowski born 3/5/1877) and his first wife (who's
                name I don't know).
                Thank you for all your efforts, Gloria.
                MaryAnn

              • elstonwe@att.net
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 2, 2009
                  You are in the same position that I was some years ago. My grandmother was born after 1870 and I didn't know much about her mother except her name and that she had been married twice, Her first husband died leaving her with a young child. I finally hired a Polish genealogist who found her records for me and that created the bridge to the older records on micorfilm. Having the two marriages was a help in identifying her. As I remember from Philips website, the Bukowsko archive has a more recent record book for Dudynce (mislabeled, as I also remember). How are your traveling abilities, Mary Ann? Maybe you should join the group for a Bukowko reunion and find the link you need. That would be more fun than hiring someone. I think once you find that link you will be able to find lots of cousins.

                  By the way, my grandmother is also related to the Lakus fmaily, but I don't know how. When my grandmother immigrated, her cousin Anna Lakus was her companion. Their destination was their uncle, Jan Kotlar, who lived in a house on Charlie St(Charles St) in Perth Amboy, NJ. The house is still staanding and an internet friend sent me photo of it.

                  elstonwe@... wrote:

> [...]
                  > > >
                  > > > Gloria
                  > > > -------------- Original message from "Mary Ann"
                  > > > <bensings@... <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>
                  > <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>
                  > > <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>>:
                  > > > --------------
                  > > >
                  > > > Congratulations...I'm so happy for you, Gloria! I'd give my eye teeth
                  > > > (or something of more value..lol) to find a relative from Dudynce! All
                  > > > my relatives were put into cattle cars and dumped in Siberia when the
                  > > > Russians controlled Poland. Fat chance I have of finding them in
                  > > > Siberia (short of a miracle).
                  > > > MaryAnn Maciejowska/Machusky-Bensinger
                  > > > Rockledge, FL
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>

                  > > > with me 5 generations back, Francesca Jakubowski. This person lives in
                  > > > Argentina. My, we are a well traveled group.

                • michaelburyk
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 2, 2009
                    Something just caught my eye in these recent exchanges. Was it mentioned that there was a Greek Catholic Maciejowski family living in Markowce? Do you know if there was only one Maciejowski family there, or more than one? My Dad's stepfather was Stanley Maciejowski. He settled in the Minersville, Pa., area. Thanks for your help.

                    Mike

                  • elstonwe@att.net
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 2, 2009
                      From the GC birth records of Pilenia Parish 1839-1870, I see in house #9 Markowce, Michael Maciejowski and wife Anna Sawka and in house #15, Eva Maciejowski whose parents are Andres Maciejowski and Catherine?

                      Gloria
                      -------------- Original message from "michaelburyk" <michaelburyk@...>: --------------

> [...]

                      > > > telling of their plight; but the exact location in Siberia is not
                      > > > known at this time (altho my grandfather, Anthony Maciejowski/Machusky
                      > > > corresponded with her AFTER their "relocation"....the address was lost
                      > > > when he passed away).
                      > > >
                      > > > I know there is still a Ko?odzie family in Dudynce, but I haven't been
                      > > > able to tie them in with my family. Michael Kolody was kind enough to
                      > > > send me a CD of his interview with that Kolody family and I did take it
                      > > > to San Antonio, Texas and play it for some Kolody family members there.
                      > > >
                      > > > Any information about any ties to these families would be greatly
                      > > > appreciated!
                      > > >
                      > > > MaryAnn Maciejowska/Machusky-Bensinger
                      > > > Rockledge, FL
                      > > >
                      > > > elstonwe@... <mailto:elstonwe%40att.net>

                      > > <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>

                      > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>

                    • MaryAnn Bensinger
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 2, 2009
                        Gloria,
                        I had been thinking of traveling over there, but firstly, I'm a diabetic
                        and take shots that need to be temperature controlled (which I suppose I
                        could talk my doctor into quitting until I get back since I take meds as
                        well), and secondly I had some surgery about a year ago (on my spine)
                        and had a wonderful doctor use my own stem cells to grow 4 new disks but
                        I'm still "getting back on my feet" after that, so it would be some time
                        before I'm able to travel over there comfortably. I'm no "Spring
                        Chicken" but I am "game"....lol.
                        The Lakus family may still hold some connecting secrets as well. Might
                        have really helped if my family had held on to an envelope from
                        correspondence with them after their horrible cattle car trip to
                        Siberia....at least I'd know where they were taken.
                        I can't even begin to guess what that ore or mineral was that my
                        Grandmother said was being taken from the family land by the Government
                        (the family's portion of the profits were supposedly being put into a
                        bank account).
                        Mysteries!! I think it would be more enjoyable to go there if I had
                        someone to visit...but we'll see.
                        MaryAnn

                        elstonwe@... wrote:

> [...]
                        > > > send me a CD of his interview with that Kolody family and I did
                        > take it
                        > > > to San Antonio, Texas and play it for some Kolody family members
                        > there.
                        > > >
                        > > > Any information about any ties to these families would be greatly
                        > > > appreciated!
                        > > >
                        > > > MaryAnn Maciejowska/Machusky-Bensinger
                        > > > Rockledge, FL
                        > > >
                        > > > elstonwe@... <mailto:elstonwe%40att.net>
                        > <mailto:elstonwe%40att.net>

                        > early
                        > threat

                        > <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>
                        > > <mailto:bensings%40mindspring.com>

                        > teeth
                        > Dudynce! All
                        > when the

                        > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > > > <mailto:bukowsko_triangle%40yahoogroups.com>

                      • Michael Buryk
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 5, 2009
                          Thanks so much for this information!

                          Mike