Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Katherine Bednarz and Vincent Jadwin

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2009
      Joe,

      Thank you for replying.

      The letter you have from Barbara Jadwin Oliver; does it say where
      Barbara's mother, Katarzyna Bednarz Jadwisienczak/Jadwin died in 1987?

      BTW Barbara has two daughters, Heather and Cynthia. I believe Barbara
      is living with one of them (can't remember off-hand which one) in
      Mississippi.

      The names of Katarzyna Bednarz and Wincenty Jadwisienczak (Jadwin)'s
      children, at birth were:
      Emil
      Stanislawa
      Bronislawa
      Helena
      Barbara

      Joseph Bednarz wrote:
      > Hi Debbie
      >
      > I may be able to provide some bits and pieces but probably not much.
      > >
      > Frances and Catharine Bednarz were sisters. Frances married a man named
      > Herzog. (all American spelling..sorry butt that is how my Mother's notes are
      > kept ) They had a son and daughter. Son was Stanley Herzog and daughter was
      > Katherine who married Frank Guider. Frank and Catherine Guider lived in
      > Stamford. I believe at 1322-1336 Hope Street ) The sister Catherine married
      > Vincent Yadwiniski and they also lived in Stamford. When I was very young,
      > we were visited by the "Stamford" gang. My mother s records indicate Vincent
      > Yadwinski died presumably in Stamford. As you know, they had 5 children
      > (Helen, Blanch (?), Barbara, Sally and Erol (?) (I can't read the name very
      > well but that is a guess. My presumption is, they were all close together in
      > Stamford.
      >
      > I have a letter from Barbara to my mother dated April 1988 and in it she
      > says her mother Katherine passed away that previous October which would make
      > her death October 1987. Barbara also has a daughter and she lived here in
      > East Hartford and I have an old address if you are interested.
      >
      > Along with the Stamford gang was what we called the "Jersey gang' I will
      > give you some names as I believe that were related in some way:

      > Stepanski, Anthony & Gertrude (was my father's cousin as was Barbara) Jersey
      > City
      >
      > Grabowski, Frances also Jersey City
      >
      > I know it's not much but at least you have a date and place of death.
      > Joe

    • Joseph Bednarz
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 8, 2009
        Debbie:

        The letter does not say exactly where but I would assume it would be
        Stamford, Ct. If I called the Stamford town hall and gave then the full
        name and year, would they be able to give me the death information?

        I'd be willing to try.

        Joe

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
          Joe,

          My mottoes are if you don't ask, you'll never know and the worst they
          can say is No.

          Please call and see what sort of info you can get on Katherine and
          Vincent.

          Debbie

        • David Hojsak
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 24, 2010

            This old message has me a bit confused. My understanding is that Frank Guider married Katherine Hujsak (1894-?), daughter of Jozef Hujsak (1869-1916).

            Am I adding to any confusion on your part, or has this already been sorted out?

            David.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 24, 2010
              David,

              I KNEW the surname Guider sounded familiar but I didn't know where to
              start looking. Glad you did.

              Perhaps Joe Bednarz will respond. I think Joe noted that his
              information was taken from his mother's notes. I suppose there could
              be a discrepancy there. This is why documentation is so important.
              I do know that some of Joe's information was taken from the Bukowsko
              "Spis Parafialny."

              I checked my genealogy program for Joe Bednarz' information and he
              doesn't have any records for Guider, just his mother's notes apparently.

              David, note that Hujsak and Herzog could have started out being the
              same surname though Herzog is usually a Jewish name. Could be too,
              that Joe's mother had only heard the surname pronounced?

              Not too long ago (August) I was contacted by Cynthia Patterson
              Mitchell. She is the daughter of Barbara (Jadwisienczak) Yadwin
              Patterson Oliver (from Barbara's first marriage). Cynthia mentioned, "
              Vincent Yadwinski in Stamford."

              I see from an earlier post to the list that I connected Barbara
              (Jadwisienczak) Yadwin Patterson Oliver with Joseph Bednarz (who wrote
              the email you quoted below) family and Jill's and Chris's family as
              well as Ela Kseniak Reiser's family.
              I spent a lot of hours searching for this combined family's records.
              None of these folks requested their family's records from me though.

              Back to Cynthia. I don't know if she's on the BT list and I haven't
              heard from her since August, 2010.

              As of March, 2009, Barbara Oliver was living in Mississippi. She has
              been to Bukowsko and has talked to Ela on the phone. However, efforts
              to contact her within the last year have been fruitless. We know she
              has a daughter, Heather and son-in-law, Mike in Connecticut. Ela
              talked to Heather in 2009.

              Debbie

            • David Hojsak
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 24, 2010

                From what I can figure out now, given your "Herzog" explanation and the information I have, Frances Bednarz married Josef Hujsak (1869-1916). They had six children: Katherine (1894- ?); Stanley (1899-1952); Sophie (1900-?); Marie (1901-1973); Henry (1903-1970); and Leon (1906-1906). Katherine Hujsak married Frank Guider and Marie is Marie Collins, the mother of Clinton Collins, who I'm trying to locate since he first started the history of our Hujsak branch nearly 30 years ago.

                Like most of us, my information is not complete, as may be the case of Joe Bednarz.

                David.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 24, 2010
                  David,

                  Now remember, the Hujsak/Herzog idea is just that, an idea.

                  Did you try the telephone books to find Clinton Collins?

                  How about LDS Social Security Death Index?
                  http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

                  Have you looked for Marie Hujsak Collins' obituary?
                  Try to locate at least the names of Marie Hujsak Collins' other
                  children, if there were any.

                  You never know what kind of information you'll find.

                  Debbie

                • Joe Bednarz
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 24, 2010

                    I just came across this post. Since I'm the author of the message in question, I too would be interested in your comments. I believe my info is accurate since these are personal recollections based on my visits (although some time ago)

                    Joe

                    Sent from my iPad

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 29, 2010
                      Joe,

                      The date is set wrong on your iPad. I received the email below on Oct.
                      29 but it's dated September 24.

                      As to your question, this is going to be very confusing.
                      I think you can check the messages in the archive that followed the
                      one by David which you quoted below.
                      Start with message #9882. David was questioning your post which was
                      sent in 2009.

                      If you then go to message 9884 you'll see my response to David where I
                      mention you and ask for your input. Joe, you're going to have to be
                      more timely in reading the posts on this list! ;)

                      FYI One of Barbara's daughters contacted me a few months ago but I
                      have not heard back from her.

                      Debbie