Bednarz

    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 2, 2009
      I am trying to connect several lines of Bednarz. I have one family
      which I think emigrated (to ??) sometime between 1847 and 1854
      because I can not find a marriage record for any of the five (5)
      children. I also have been unable to locate a marriage record for the
      parents.
      If anyone recognizes this family, please contact me.

      Debbie

      Antoni Perkolup (mother unknown)
      daughter: Anna Perkolup

      Anna Perkolup married Maciej Bednarz circa 1834 in Bukowsko

      Anna Perkolup and Maciej Bednarz's children:
      Wiktoria Bednarz DOB: December 14, 1836 in Bukowsko house #140
      Marianna Bednarz DOB: December 28, 1839 in Bukowsko house #140
      Tekla Bednarz DOB: September 16, 1841 in Bukowsko house #140
      Antoni Bednarz DOB: May 27, 1844 in Bukowsko house #140
      Franciszek Bednarz DOB: September 23, 1847 in Bukowsko house #140
    • Peggy Mitchell-King
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 6, 2009
        Hello Mike - Just saw your post. My grandmother was Maria Sabat from Nadolany - which is quite near Pielnia - and I have corresponded over the last few years with a distant relative Zbigniew Sabat from Nadolany who has put together a very extensive family tree for many. many Sabats. Please get in touch with him directly by email to ask about Peter Sabat. His daughters can communicate reasonably well in English if your Polish is poor or non-existent. They study English in school. His email is sabatz_xl@.... Good luck!! Peggy

        To: bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com
        From: michaelburyk@...
        Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:33:03 -0700
        Subject: [bukowsko_triangle] Sabat ancestors/relatives from Pielnia?

        I have a mystery on my hands and am hoping you can help. I just found

        out from Ancestry.com that my DNA is shared by a Peter Sabat

        through a common relative in the last 375 years. Do any of you have

        ancestors/relatives named Sabat from the village of Pielnia or nearby?

        If so, I'd like to correspond with you privately.

        Also, how many of you who are Lemko/Rusyn/Ukrainian are in the

        haplogroup R1a? Thanks!

        Mike

        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 15, 2012
          While searching for something else in the Passenger Arrival Records, I
          noticed that oftentimes Bednarz has been transcribed as Bedwarz on
          ancestry.com .

          Debbie
        • Susan Udinsky
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 15, 2012
            I also saw it written as Bednash, but I don't remember where.  I'm researching the Bednarz family.  My grandmother was Josephine Bednarz, daughter of Jan Bednarz, who was the son of Tomasz Bednarz, who was the son of Maciej Bednarz and that's where I get stuck.  There are a lot of Tomasz' and Maciejs in this family.

            Susan

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
              Susan,

              Do you have any approximate dates and U.S. places for the Bednarz you
              listed?
              One of our other members has been copying Bednarz obituaries and
              Passenger Arrival Records and has sent me copies. Perhaps we can make
              connections.

              Debbie

              Susan Udinsky wrote:
              > I also saw it written as Bednash, but I don't remember where. I'm researching the Bednarz family. My grandmother was Josephine Bednarz, daughter of Jan Bednarz, who was the son of Tomasz Bednarz, who was the son of Maciej Bednarz and that's where I get stuck. There are a lot of Tomasz' and Maciejs in this family.
              >
              > Susan
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Susan Udinsky
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
                Hello Debbie,

                My greatgrandfather Jan Bednarz was one of 12 children, 9 of whom were boys (from 2 marriages), so there are a lot of Bednarz' out there!

                He  came from Bukowsko to the US around 1900.  He settled in South River, NJ.   He and my greatgrandmother, Zofia Silarska (who came from Nowotaniec in 1902) got married in Middlesex County, New Jersey in 1902. They lived in South River, New Jersey.   They had 3 daughters, Josephine born 1904 (my grandmother Perkolup, who married Charles Perkolup and had 6 children), Aniela who was married to John ___, did not have children, and Ewa, who married Joseph Plesniarski, had 2 sons Richard and Joseph, lived in Kearney, NJ.

                My greatgrandmother Zofia Silarska Bednarz took her 3 daughters to Bukowsko around 1910 to visit, when they came back through Ellis Island, the record says that they were returning to husband and father.  My grandmother talked about that trip quite often.  I don't know when Jan Bednarz died, but the 3 daughters were still young, their mother worked as a seamstress to support them.

                In the 1930s, when Zofia was already a grandmother, she married Frank Araznik and they lived on Lincoln St. in South River, NJ. She died in December 1968.

                I had my Greatgrandmother until I was 17 years old, but I never thought to ask her any questions about our family.  I know she came frm Nowotaniec. Her father was Piotr Silarski.  I don't know her mother's name. She had a sister Karolina.

                Prior to Jan Bednarz and Zofia Silarska, prior to  1902, we were in Poland and I will get back to you and the group about the ancestors I'm researching in Poland, with their names and dates.  What I just wrote to you is from my memory.  For the ancestors in Poland, I have to have my notes in front of me.  I'll get back to you later.

                I would love to correspond with anyone who is researching the Bednarz family.

                Susan

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
                  On Apr 16, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Susan Udinsky wrote:

                  > Hello Debbie,
                  >
                  > My greatgrandfather Jan Bednarz was one of 12 children, 9 of whom were boys (from 2 marriages), so there are a lot of Bednarz' out there!
                  >
                  > He came from Bukowsko to the US around 1900. He settled in South River, NJ. He and my greatgrandmother, Zofia Silarska (who came from Nowotaniec in 1902) got married in Middlesex County, New Jersey in 1902. They lived in South River, New Jersey. They had 3 daughters, Josephine born 1904 (my grandmother Perkolup, who married Charles Perkolup and had 6 children), Aniela who was married to John ___, did not have children, and Ewa, who married Joseph Plesniarski, had 2 sons Richard and Joseph, lived in Kearney, NJ.
                  >
                  > My greatgrandmother Zofia Silarska Bednarz took her 3 daughters to Bukowsko around 1910 to visit, when they came back through Ellis Island, the record says that they were returning to husband and father. My grandmother talked about that trip quite often. I don't know when Jan Bednarz died, but the 3 daughters were still young, their mother worked as a seamstress to support them.
                  >
                  > In the 1930s, when Zofia was already a grandmother, she married Frank Araznik and they lived on Lincoln St. in South River, NJ. She died in December 1968.
                  >
                  > I had my Greatgrandmother until I was 17 years old, but I never thought to ask her any questions about our family. I know she came frm Nowotaniec. Her father was Piotr Silarski. I don't know her mother's name. She had a sister Karolina.

                  Catherine (Katarzyna) Silarski (daughter of Caroli Silarski and Tekla Burnat) was my g-grandmother. She was born ~1865, died ~1947. I don't have much other information about her.

                  bye for now
                  Philip

                  > ________________________________

                • Susan Udinsky
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
                    Hello Philip,

                    That's interesting.  We'll have to look in the Nowotaniec records when they become available and look up the Silarski family.  I do know for a fact that her father was Piotr.  I would think that Silarskis coming from Nowotaniec would be related at some point on the family tree.

                    Take care.

                    Susan

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                      Susan,

                      There are quite a few people on this list who have Bendarz in their
                      family. I hope they all respond!

                      Debbie

                      Susan Udinsky wrote:
                      > Hello Debbie,
                      >
                      > My greatgrandfather Jan Bednarz was one of 12 children, 9 of whom were boys (from 2 marriages), so there are a lot of Bednarz' out there!
                      >
                      > He came from Bukowsko to the US around 1900. He settled in South River, NJ. He and my greatgrandmother, Zofia Silarska (who came from Nowotaniec in 1902) got married in Middlesex County, New Jersey in 1902. They lived in South River, New Jersey. They had 3 daughters, Josephine born 1904 (my grandmother Perkolup, who married Charles Perkolup and had 6 children), Aniela who was married to John ___, did not have children, and Ewa, who married Joseph Plesniarski, had 2 sons Richard and Joseph, lived in Kearney, NJ.
                      >
                      > My greatgrandmother Zofia Silarska Bednarz took her 3 daughters to Bukowsko around 1910 to visit, when they came back through Ellis Island, the record says that they were returning to husband and father. My grandmother talked about that trip quite often. I don't know when Jan Bednarz died, but the 3 daughters were still young, their mother worked as a seamstress to support them.
                      >
                      > In the 1930s, when Zofia was already a grandmother, she married Frank Araznik and they lived on Lincoln St. in South River, NJ. She died in December 1968.
                      >
                      > I had my Greatgrandmother until I was 17 years old, but I never thought to ask her any questions about our family. I know she came frm Nowotaniec. Her father was Piotr Silarski. I don't know her mother's name. She had a sister Karolina.
                      >
                      > Prior to Jan Bednarz and Zofia Silarska, prior to 1902, we were in Poland and I will get back to you and the group about the ancestors I'm researching in Poland, with their names and dates. What I just wrote to you is from my memory. For the ancestors in Poland, I have to have my notes in front of me. I'll get back to you later.
                      >
                      > I would love to correspond with anyone who is researching the Bednarz family.
                      >
                      > Susan
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Susan Udinsky
                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012

                        I just read Ann's note and she mentioned Sayreville.  I forgot about that town.  My Grandmother Perkolup was born in Sayreville, so that's where Jan and Zofia Bednarz lived.  When I was growing up, she lived on Lincoln St. in South River.

                        And last night I thought about another Bednarz branch to our family.  Mary Bednarz (don't know her parents' names) was married to Tomasz Bednarz (don't know his parents' names or dates either).  Mary Bednarz was my Grandmother's cousin.  She said that even though her maiden name and married name were the same, she and her husband were not related. They had a daughter Estelle Bednarz who would've been born in the 1920s, she married Frank Makowski, they lived in Upper Darby, PA, had 4 children around my age, so they would have been born in the 1940s and 50s, Frank, Tommy, Estelle and Elaine.  The mother Estelle and Elaine were at my wedding, but I lost contact with them a few years after that.

                        It is a big family.  ttyl.

                        Susan

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                          Susan,

                          I will bet that Ela (on the list) knows these Bednarz since she lived
                          Sayreville as well.

                          You might try to locate the vitals on the people you mentioned.
                          Contact their kids, grandkids, check the census, etc.
                          That might help get you back to Poland so we can make connections with
                          the other Bednarz on this list.

                          Debbie

                        • Susan Udinsky
                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                            That's a good idea, Debbie. And I know Ela.  We met a few years ago when we were both teen-agers and she was a guest at my Grandmother Perkolup's home in Philadelphia. I knew she lived in Jersey, but I didn't know it was Sayreville.  And we talk on the phone every now and then and she recently sent me some information on some of the Bednarz'. We have a connection with Tomasz Bednarz. I'm descended from the first marriage and she's descemded from the second marriage.  We also have a connection on the Perkolup side of the family.  My mother's cousin Jan Perkolup was married to her father's sister Marysia Kseniak. This is so interesting.  Talk to you later.

                            Susan

                            ________________________________

                            Susan Udinsky wrote:
                            > Debbie,
                            >
                            > I just read Ann's note and she mentioned Sayreville. I forgot about that town. My Grandmother Perkolup was born in Sayreville, so that's where Jan and Zofia Bednarz lived. When I was growing up, she lived on Lincoln St. in South River.
                            >
                            > And last night I thought about another Bednarz branch to our family. Mary Bednarz (don't know her parents' names) was married to Tomasz Bednarz (don't know his parents' names or dates either). Mary Bednarz was my Grandmother's cousin. She said that even though her maiden name and married name were the same, she and her husband were not related. They had a daughter Estelle Bednarz who would've been born in the 1920s, she married Frank Makowski, they lived in Upper Darby, PA, had 4 children around my age, so they would have been born in the 1940s and 50s, Frank, Tommy, Estelle and Elaine. The mother Estelle and Elaine were at my wedding, but I lost contact with them a few years after that.
                            >
                            > It is a big family. ttyl.
                            >
                            > Susan
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • Ann Poslosky
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                              Susan,

                              I know of Estella Bednarz....she and my sister were good friends. Mary Bednarz, lived in Minersville and, in fact, came to my wedding in 1959. She and my mother were friends as well. Estella and my sister kept in touch forever.  My sister Victoria and her family lived in Philadelphia and Estelle and Frank Makowski came to the weddings of Vicki's daughters...
                              Somewhere in my slide files is a slide or two of the two of them sitting across the table from me at weddiings in Philly.  There was another girl by the name of Helen Kudlak who lived in Marlin....kind of half way between Minersville and Pottsville.  Vicki said they liked to dance in the house and they wore out the linoleum.  You might remember that once I told you that your grandfather was Vicki's Godfather and she visited him when your grandparents lived on Huntington Ave.  When I got all the marriage license applications for my brothers, one of them listed his father as John Huysak and his mother's maiden name as Estella Bednarz instead of Stella Podwapinska.  So, that was wierd; he must have had a mental block or something...he got married in 1943.

                              Later,
                              Ann

                              Susan Udinsky wrote:
                              > Debbie,
                              >
                              > I just read Ann's note and she mentioned Sayreville. I forgot about that town. My Grandmother Perkolup was born in Sayreville, so that's where Jan and Zofia Bednarz lived. When I was growing up, she lived on Lincoln St. in South River.
                              >
                              > And last night I thought about another Bednarz branch to our family. Mary Bednarz (don't know her parents' names) was married to Tomasz Bednarz (don't know his parents' names or dates either). Mary Bednarz was my Grandmother's cousin. She said that even though her maiden name and married name were the same, she and her husband were not related. They had a daughter Estelle Bednarz who would've been born in the 1920s, she married Frank Makowski, they lived in Upper Darby, PA, had 4 children around my age, so they would have been born in the 1940s and 50s, Frank, Tommy, Estelle and Elaine. The mother Estelle and Elaine were at my wedding, but I lost contact with them a few years after that.
                              >
                              > It is a big family. ttyl.
                              >
                              > Susan
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • Susan Udinsky
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                                Ann,

                                What a small world.  I didn't know that Mary Bednarz lived in Minersville.  When I was growing up, she was already a widow and lived with her daughter Estelle and her family. I remember seeing pictures of Estelle & Frank Makowski's wedding.  Mary Bednarz, Mother of the Bride, had an accident right before the wedding and went to the wedding on crutches.  Estelle's daughters are around my age and we would visit back and forth when we were growing up.  We've lost touch over the years. Wow, this is bringing back a lot of memories.

                                Talk to you later.
                                Susan

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 18, 2012
                                  Susan and Ann and the rest of you Bednarz,

                                  I hope you all get your info together into one Bednarz program/tree.
                                  I'm confused trying to keep all these people straight!

                                  Debbie

                                • Susan Udinsky
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 18, 2012

                                    Wait until we go back to the ancestors in Poland.  There are too many Maciej's and Tomasz' and that's where the confusion is! I'll be contacting you later for copies of records and hopefully that will help in putting the puzzle together.

                                    Susan

                                    ________________________________

                                    Susan Udinsky wrote:
                                    > Ann,
                                    >
                                    > What a small world. I didn't know that Mary Bednarz lived in Minersville. When I was growing up, she was already a widow and lived with her daughter Estelle and her family. I remember seeing pictures of Estelle & Frank Makowski's wedding. Mary Bednarz, Mother of the Bride, had an accident right before the wedding and went to the wedding on crutches. Estelle's daughters are around my age and we would visit back and forth when we were growing up. We've lost touch over the years. Wow, this is bringing back a lot of memories.
                                    >
                                    > Talk to you later.
                                    > Susan
                                    >

                                    > ________________________________

                                  • Ann Poslosky
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 18, 2012
                                      Susan,

                                      Mary Bednarz left MInersville at some point, but I don't know when....I've been looking at the 1940 census; got through two districts and didn't find her so far.

                                      Ann

                                    • jeanclaude.zytka@sfr.fr
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 20, 2012
                                        Susan
                                        I do not have as far as I know any Bednarz in my direct line, but just to add my kopeck...
                                        My father second wife Agata Zytka (1914-2000), born in Bukowsko, was a daughter of Katarzyna Bednarz (26/07/1884 - 6/12/1945) and Jan Zytka (8/03/1880 – 3/03/1964) son of Wincenty Zytka and Marianna Plesniarski.
                                        Katarzyna Bednarz parents were Jakub Bednarz and Anna Pastuszak.

                                        I have contacts with Henryka Zytka Antoniewicz one of Katarzyna grand-daughters living in Sanok
                                        Jean-Claude

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 20, 2012
                                          Susan,

                                          I want to check something in your Bednarz line.
                                          Was your great grandfather Jan Bednarz, born 22 September 1869?
                                          Ela's great grandfather was Jakub Bednarz, born 6 February 1867.

                                          Here's what I have:
                                          Jakub and Jan Bednarz parents were Tomasz Bednarz and Marianna
                                          L~uszcz. They had another brother, Je~drzej born 1873.

                                          Marianna L~uszcz Bednarz died and Tomasz Bednarz married Wiktoria
                                          Szaszowska and had 10 more kids:
                                          Franciszka
                                          Pawel
                                          Antoni
                                          Tomasz
                                          Jedrzej
                                          Jozef
                                          Agata
                                          Franciszek
                                          Katarzyna
                                          Witkoria

                                          Katarzyna Bednarz was the mother of Barbara Oliver.
                                          One of the sons above was the grandfather of Joseph Bednarz (on the list).

                                          Going back, Tomasz Bednarz parents were Maciej Bednarz and Marianna
                                          Zadylak.

                                          Debbie
                                        • Elizabeth Reiser
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012
                                            thank you for the update
                                            Elizabeth

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012

                                              Yes that's my Bednarz Family.  I'm descended from Jan Bednarz.  I didn't realize Ela is descended from Jakub. I thought she was from the second marriage. It's nice to have that straightened out and to know that our greatgrandfathers were brothers.  And my records agree that their parents were Tomasz Bednarz & Marianna Luszcz.  Going back another generation is where I am confused.

                                              I have a Maciej Bednarz who married Marianna Zadylak in 1814  M1 51 349

                                              I have a Maciej Bednarz who married Marianna Zadylak in 1840

                                              I saw a baptismal record for Tomasz Bednarz that says his parents were Maciej B. and Maria Solon, bapt. record #58

                                              Tomasz Bednarz married Marianna Luszcz  M4 80 250

                                              When Tomasz B. married for the second time, to Wyktoria Sosnowska,  he is listed as widower of Marianna Luszcz, daughter of Jakub L. & Marianna Zadylak.

                                              It seems that there are a lot of Marianna Zadylaks.

                                              I'm going to go through my records and notes again tonight and I'll let you know which records I need copies of. Thank you for trying to help me put this together.

                                              Susan

                                              ________________________________

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012
                                                Jean-Claude,

                                                Jakub Bednarz was my greatgrandfather's (Jan Bednarz) brother.

                                                I heard you are coming to the US soon.  I hope you have a nice visit.

                                                Susan

                                                ________________________________

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012
                                                  Susan,

                                                  I can understand the confusion because it looks like the baptismal
                                                  records have incorrect information. It would take some research to
                                                  figure out what happened here.

                                                  I don't see that a Maciej Bednarz married Marianna Zadylak in 1940.

                                                  All of the baptismal records for Tomasz Bednarz and Marianna L~uszcz
                                                  children would have to be analyzed and it may have to go further then
                                                  that.

                                                  If you request records make sure to give me the volume number, page
                                                  number, name and date. If you want to request a record that has not
                                                  been indexed yet, please supply name, date, type of record and the
                                                  parents if you know them.

                                                  Debbie

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Apr 24, 2012
                                                    FYI to those who are researching the surname Bednarz. In translating
                                                    Vol. IV of the Bukowsko baptisms I've come across a spelling variation
                                                    for the surname Bednarz. A couple of the records are written as
                                                    Będnarz with a diacritical mark under the 'e'.

                                                    Keep that in mind as you search the indexes on line.