Bednarz

    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 12, 2009
      Jill,

      I don't think I looked at the photos you posted to the list's web
      site. Those are wonderful and yes, they are in Bukowsko! Well, they're
      not all in Bukowsko but I think everyone can tell which ones were
      taken in the U.S.

      You need to take great care of those photos. Have them copied.

      Does anyone recognize the two couples in the sepia toned photographs?

    • Michael Buryk
      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 24, 2009
        I have a mystery on my hands and am hoping you can help.  I just found
        out from Ancestry.com that my DNA is shared by a Peter Sabat
        through a common relative in the last 375 years.  Do any of you have
        ancestors/relatives named Sabat from the village of Pielnia or nearby?
        If so, I'd like to correspond with you privately.

        Also, how many of you who are Lemko/Rusyn/Ukrainian are in the
        haplogroup R1a?  Thanks!

        Mike

        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 24, 2009
          Mike,

          What is the level of MARKERS you tested and that shows a match with
          Peter Sabat?
          What is the GENETIC DISTANCE for that MARKER level?
          On the COMPARISON CHART, what is the percentage of likelihood of a
          match and in how many generations?

          Did Peter or yourself submit a Gedcom of your families?

          All of the above should be found on the web site where your DNA info
          is held.

          Debbie

          Michael Buryk wrote:
          > I have a mystery on my hands and am hoping you can help. I just found
          > out from Ancestry.com that my DNA is shared by a Peter Sabat
          > through a common relative in the last 375 years. Do any of you have
          > ancestors/relatives named Sabat from the village of Pielnia or nearby?
          > If so, I'd like to correspond with you privately.
          >
          > Also, how many of you who are Lemko/Rusyn/Ukrainian are in the
          > haplogroup R1a? Thanks!
          >
          > Mike

        • Michael Buryk
          Message 4 of 29 , Sep 25, 2009
            I did the 46 marker, Y-Chromosone test. We matched on all except
            3 markers. It was designated a "close match" (i.e., within 7-15
            generations). No, we didn't submit a Gedcom of our families.

            I do know my paternal ancestors back to about 1750 and there is
            no evidence of a "Sabat" name among any of them.

            Mike

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 29 , Sep 25, 2009
              Mike,

              More questions. But isn't that always the way?

              With which company did you have the DNA test done? Is it possible for
              you to give me the link to your information?

              I've "done" (paid for/arranged) 5 DNA tests for the lines in my
              family, Polish and otherwise. All the Y-DNA tests have been done to
              the maximum, 67 marker. The MtDNA tests were only done to the "High
              Resolution." Though I can trace the male Polish side back to the late
              1600s, there's not been a hit which I would consider a match though
              Family Tree DNA certainly thinks so.

              To make this somewhat clearer, I'll use surnames to help.

              CHOJNACKI - traced back to late 1600s Bierzglinek, Poznan woj., Poland.
              I have two hits on the 67 marker test but both have a genetic distance
              of 7.
              The first "match" indicates a .29% likelihood of this person being
              family within 4 generations. If I go back to 24 generations the
              percentage of likelihood jumps to 94.02%. But so what? If I go back
              far enough I'm related to everyone on earth!

              The second "match" indicates a .24% likelihood of this person being
              family within 4 generations. If I go back to 24 generations the
              percentage of likelihood jumps to 92.8%. Again, so what? I don't
              consider either one of these to be a match.

              LYTLE - traced back to late 1800s in U.S. (what can I say, it's not
              Polish!) I have three hits on the 67 marker test but they are at the
              5th, 6th and 7th genetic distances, with the 5th genetic distance
              being the closest to the Lytle DNA. The person with the 5th genetic
              distance has a 3.47% likelihood of being family within 4 generations.
              At 12 generations (about 300 years ago/1710 year) the percentage of
              likelihood jumps to 65.24%. I still don't consider this a hit. I don't
              even know if there's a paper trail much farther back than that.

              KOLODZIEJSKA/KRUK MtDNA- traced back only to early 1800s in Dziewa,
              Bydgoszcz woj., Poland.
              Tested to the "High Resolution" but not the "FGS" (whatever that is).
              I don't have ONE HIT and only 10 in the "Low Resolution."
              Unfortunately with the MtDNA tests the percentages of likelihood are
              not available and only two people of those 10 submitted Gedcoms. Of
              those two Gedcoms one goes back to the 1500s (!) in England. None of
              the submitted surnames "look" Polish either.

              I have it on good authority that an article will be published in the
              next issue of the PGSA "Rodziny" regarding a layman's look at DNA
              testing. I strongly suggest that anyone even remotely interested in
              this subject read it. If you're not a member of PGSA you'll have to
              order that particular issue from their web site after it's published.
              BTW the article may be a two-parter.

              Debbie

              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 2, 2009
                I am trying to connect several lines of Bednarz. I have one family
                which I think emigrated (to ??) sometime between 1847 and 1854
                because I can not find a marriage record for any of the five (5)
                children. I also have been unable to locate a marriage record for the
                parents.
                If anyone recognizes this family, please contact me.

                Debbie

                Antoni Perkolup (mother unknown)
                daughter: Anna Perkolup

                Anna Perkolup married Maciej Bednarz circa 1834 in Bukowsko

                Anna Perkolup and Maciej Bednarz's children:
                Wiktoria Bednarz DOB: December 14, 1836 in Bukowsko house #140
                Marianna Bednarz DOB: December 28, 1839 in Bukowsko house #140
                Tekla Bednarz DOB: September 16, 1841 in Bukowsko house #140
                Antoni Bednarz DOB: May 27, 1844 in Bukowsko house #140
                Franciszek Bednarz DOB: September 23, 1847 in Bukowsko house #140
              • Peggy Mitchell-King

                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 15, 2012
                    While searching for something else in the Passenger Arrival Records, I
                    noticed that oftentimes Bednarz has been transcribed as Bedwarz on
                    ancestry.com .

                    Debbie
                  • Susan Udinsky
                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 15, 2012
                      I also saw it written as Bednash, but I don't remember where.  I'm researching the Bednarz family.  My grandmother was Josephine Bednarz, daughter of Jan Bednarz, who was the son of Tomasz Bednarz, who was the son of Maciej Bednarz and that's where I get stuck.  There are a lot of Tomasz' and Maciejs in this family.

                      Susan

                      ________________________________
                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
                        Susan,

                        Do you have any approximate dates and U.S. places for the Bednarz you
                        listed?
                        One of our other members has been copying Bednarz obituaries and
                        Passenger Arrival Records and has sent me copies. Perhaps we can make
                        connections.

                        Debbie

                        Susan Udinsky wrote:
                        > I also saw it written as Bednash, but I don't remember where. I'm researching the Bednarz family. My grandmother was Josephine Bednarz, daughter of Jan Bednarz, who was the son of Tomasz Bednarz, who was the son of Maciej Bednarz and that's where I get stuck. There are a lot of Tomasz' and Maciejs in this family.
                        >
                        > Susan
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • Susan Udinsky
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
                          Hello Debbie,

                          My greatgrandfather Jan Bednarz was one of 12 children, 9 of whom were boys (from 2 marriages), so there are a lot of Bednarz' out there!

                          He  came from Bukowsko to the US around 1900.  He settled in South River, NJ.   He and my greatgrandmother, Zofia Silarska (who came from Nowotaniec in 1902) got married in Middlesex County, New Jersey in 1902. They lived in South River, New Jersey.   They had 3 daughters, Josephine born 1904 (my grandmother Perkolup, who married Charles Perkolup and had 6 children), Aniela who was married to John ___, did not have children, and Ewa, who married Joseph Plesniarski, had 2 sons Richard and Joseph, lived in Kearney, NJ.

                          My greatgrandmother Zofia Silarska Bednarz took her 3 daughters to Bukowsko around 1910 to visit, when they came back through Ellis Island, the record says that they were returning to husband and father.  My grandmother talked about that trip quite often.  I don't know when Jan Bednarz died, but the 3 daughters were still young, their mother worked as a seamstress to support them.

                          In the 1930s, when Zofia was already a grandmother, she married Frank Araznik and they lived on Lincoln St. in South River, NJ. She died in December 1968.

                          I had my Greatgrandmother until I was 17 years old, but I never thought to ask her any questions about our family.  I know she came frm Nowotaniec. Her father was Piotr Silarski.  I don't know her mother's name. She had a sister Karolina.

                          Prior to Jan Bednarz and Zofia Silarska, prior to  1902, we were in Poland and I will get back to you and the group about the ancestors I'm researching in Poland, with their names and dates.  What I just wrote to you is from my memory.  For the ancestors in Poland, I have to have my notes in front of me.  I'll get back to you later.

                          I would love to correspond with anyone who is researching the Bednarz family.

                          Susan

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
                            On Apr 16, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Susan Udinsky wrote:

                            > Hello Debbie,
                            >
                            > My greatgrandfather Jan Bednarz was one of 12 children, 9 of whom were boys (from 2 marriages), so there are a lot of Bednarz' out there!
                            >
                            > He came from Bukowsko to the US around 1900. He settled in South River, NJ. He and my greatgrandmother, Zofia Silarska (who came from Nowotaniec in 1902) got married in Middlesex County, New Jersey in 1902. They lived in South River, New Jersey. They had 3 daughters, Josephine born 1904 (my grandmother Perkolup, who married Charles Perkolup and had 6 children), Aniela who was married to John ___, did not have children, and Ewa, who married Joseph Plesniarski, had 2 sons Richard and Joseph, lived in Kearney, NJ.
                            >
                            > My greatgrandmother Zofia Silarska Bednarz took her 3 daughters to Bukowsko around 1910 to visit, when they came back through Ellis Island, the record says that they were returning to husband and father. My grandmother talked about that trip quite often. I don't know when Jan Bednarz died, but the 3 daughters were still young, their mother worked as a seamstress to support them.
                            >
                            > In the 1930s, when Zofia was already a grandmother, she married Frank Araznik and they lived on Lincoln St. in South River, NJ. She died in December 1968.
                            >
                            > I had my Greatgrandmother until I was 17 years old, but I never thought to ask her any questions about our family. I know she came frm Nowotaniec. Her father was Piotr Silarski. I don't know her mother's name. She had a sister Karolina.

                            Catherine (Katarzyna) Silarski (daughter of Caroli Silarski and Tekla Burnat) was my g-grandmother. She was born ~1865, died ~1947. I don't have much other information about her.

                            bye for now
                            Philip

                            > ________________________________

                          • Susan Udinsky
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 16, 2012
                              Hello Philip,

                              That's interesting.  We'll have to look in the Nowotaniec records when they become available and look up the Silarski family.  I do know for a fact that her father was Piotr.  I would think that Silarskis coming from Nowotaniec would be related at some point on the family tree.

                              Take care.

                              Susan

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                                Susan,

                                There are quite a few people on this list who have Bendarz in their
                                family. I hope they all respond!

                                Debbie

                                Susan Udinsky wrote:
                                > Hello Debbie,
                                >
                                > My greatgrandfather Jan Bednarz was one of 12 children, 9 of whom were boys (from 2 marriages), so there are a lot of Bednarz' out there!
                                >
                                > He came from Bukowsko to the US around 1900. He settled in South River, NJ. He and my greatgrandmother, Zofia Silarska (who came from Nowotaniec in 1902) got married in Middlesex County, New Jersey in 1902. They lived in South River, New Jersey. They had 3 daughters, Josephine born 1904 (my grandmother Perkolup, who married Charles Perkolup and had 6 children), Aniela who was married to John ___, did not have children, and Ewa, who married Joseph Plesniarski, had 2 sons Richard and Joseph, lived in Kearney, NJ.
                                >
                                > My greatgrandmother Zofia Silarska Bednarz took her 3 daughters to Bukowsko around 1910 to visit, when they came back through Ellis Island, the record says that they were returning to husband and father. My grandmother talked about that trip quite often. I don't know when Jan Bednarz died, but the 3 daughters were still young, their mother worked as a seamstress to support them.
                                >
                                > In the 1930s, when Zofia was already a grandmother, she married Frank Araznik and they lived on Lincoln St. in South River, NJ. She died in December 1968.
                                >
                                > I had my Greatgrandmother until I was 17 years old, but I never thought to ask her any questions about our family. I know she came frm Nowotaniec. Her father was Piotr Silarski. I don't know her mother's name. She had a sister Karolina.
                                >
                                > Prior to Jan Bednarz and Zofia Silarska, prior to 1902, we were in Poland and I will get back to you and the group about the ancestors I'm researching in Poland, with their names and dates. What I just wrote to you is from my memory. For the ancestors in Poland, I have to have my notes in front of me. I'll get back to you later.
                                >
                                > I would love to correspond with anyone who is researching the Bednarz family.
                                >
                                > Susan
                                >

                                > ________________________________

                              • Susan Udinsky
                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                                  Debbie,

                                  I just read Ann's note and she mentioned Sayreville.  I forgot about that town.  My Grandmother Perkolup was born in Sayreville, so that's where Jan and Zofia Bednarz lived.  When I was growing up, she lived on Lincoln St. in South River.

                                  And last night I thought about another Bednarz branch to our family.  Mary Bednarz (don't know her parents' names) was married to Tomasz Bednarz (don't know his parents' names or dates either).  Mary Bednarz was my Grandmother's cousin.  She said that even though her maiden name and married name were the same, she and her husband were not related. They had a daughter Estelle Bednarz who would've been born in the 1920s, she married Frank Makowski, they lived in Upper Darby, PA, had 4 children around my age, so they would have been born in the 1940s and 50s, Frank, Tommy, Estelle and Elaine.  The mother Estelle and Elaine were at my wedding, but I lost contact with them a few years after that.

                                  It is a big family.  ttyl.

                                  Susan

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                                    Susan,

                                    I will bet that Ela (on the list) knows these Bednarz since she lived
                                    Sayreville as well.

                                    You might try to locate the vitals on the people you mentioned.
                                    Contact their kids, grandkids, check the census, etc.
                                    That might help get you back to Poland so we can make connections with
                                    the other Bednarz on this list.

                                    Debbie

                                  • Susan Udinsky
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                                      That's a good idea, Debbie. And I know Ela.  We met a few years ago when we were both teen-agers and she was a guest at my Grandmother Perkolup's home in Philadelphia. I knew she lived in Jersey, but I didn't know it was Sayreville.  And we talk on the phone every now and then and she recently sent me some information on some of the Bednarz'. We have a connection with Tomasz Bednarz. I'm descended from the first marriage and she's descemded from the second marriage.  We also have a connection on the Perkolup side of the family.  My mother's cousin Jan Perkolup was married to her father's sister Marysia Kseniak. This is so interesting.  Talk to you later.

                                      Susan

                                      ________________________________

                                      Susan Udinsky wrote:
                                      > Debbie,
                                      >
                                      > I just read Ann's note and she mentioned Sayreville. I forgot about that town. My Grandmother Perkolup was born in Sayreville, so that's where Jan and Zofia Bednarz lived. When I was growing up, she lived on Lincoln St. in South River.
                                      >
                                      > And last night I thought about another Bednarz branch to our family. Mary Bednarz (don't know her parents' names) was married to Tomasz Bednarz (don't know his parents' names or dates either). Mary Bednarz was my Grandmother's cousin. She said that even though her maiden name and married name were the same, she and her husband were not related. They had a daughter Estelle Bednarz who would've been born in the 1920s, she married Frank Makowski, they lived in Upper Darby, PA, had 4 children around my age, so they would have been born in the 1940s and 50s, Frank, Tommy, Estelle and Elaine. The mother Estelle and Elaine were at my wedding, but I lost contact with them a few years after that.
                                      >
                                      > It is a big family. ttyl.
                                      >
                                      > Susan
                                      >

                                      > ________________________________

                                    • Ann Poslosky
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                                        Susan,

                                        I know of Estella Bednarz....she and my sister were good friends. Mary Bednarz, lived in Minersville and, in fact, came to my wedding in 1959. She and my mother were friends as well. Estella and my sister kept in touch forever.  My sister Victoria and her family lived in Philadelphia and Estelle and Frank Makowski came to the weddings of Vicki's daughters...
                                        Somewhere in my slide files is a slide or two of the two of them sitting across the table from me at weddiings in Philly.  There was another girl by the name of Helen Kudlak who lived in Marlin....kind of half way between Minersville and Pottsville.  Vicki said they liked to dance in the house and they wore out the linoleum.  You might remember that once I told you that your grandfather was Vicki's Godfather and she visited him when your grandparents lived on Huntington Ave.  When I got all the marriage license applications for my brothers, one of them listed his father as John Huysak and his mother's maiden name as Estella Bednarz instead of Stella Podwapinska.  So, that was wierd; he must have had a mental block or something...he got married in 1943.

                                        Later,
                                        Ann

                                        Susan Udinsky wrote:
                                        > Debbie,
                                        >
                                        > I just read Ann's note and she mentioned Sayreville. I forgot about that town. My Grandmother Perkolup was born in Sayreville, so that's where Jan and Zofia Bednarz lived. When I was growing up, she lived on Lincoln St. in South River.
                                        >
                                        > And last night I thought about another Bednarz branch to our family. Mary Bednarz (don't know her parents' names) was married to Tomasz Bednarz (don't know his parents' names or dates either). Mary Bednarz was my Grandmother's cousin. She said that even though her maiden name and married name were the same, she and her husband were not related. They had a daughter Estelle Bednarz who would've been born in the 1920s, she married Frank Makowski, they lived in Upper Darby, PA, had 4 children around my age, so they would have been born in the 1940s and 50s, Frank, Tommy, Estelle and Elaine. The mother Estelle and Elaine were at my wedding, but I lost contact with them a few years after that.
                                        >
                                        > It is a big family. ttyl.
                                        >
                                        > Susan
                                        >

                                        > ________________________________

                                      • Susan Udinsky
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 17, 2012
                                          Ann,

                                          What a small world.  I didn't know that Mary Bednarz lived in Minersville.  When I was growing up, she was already a widow and lived with her daughter Estelle and her family. I remember seeing pictures of Estelle & Frank Makowski's wedding.  Mary Bednarz, Mother of the Bride, had an accident right before the wedding and went to the wedding on crutches.  Estelle's daughters are around my age and we would visit back and forth when we were growing up.  We've lost touch over the years. Wow, this is bringing back a lot of memories.

                                          Talk to you later.
                                          Susan

                                          ________________________________

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Apr 18, 2012
                                            Susan and Ann and the rest of you Bednarz,

                                            I hope you all get your info together into one Bednarz program/tree.
                                            I'm confused trying to keep all these people straight!

                                            Debbie

                                          • Susan Udinsky
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 18, 2012
                                              Debbie,

                                              Wait until we go back to the ancestors in Poland.  There are too many Maciej's and Tomasz' and that's where the confusion is! I'll be contacting you later for copies of records and hopefully that will help in putting the puzzle together.

                                              Susan

                                              ________________________________

                                              Susan Udinsky wrote:
                                              > Ann,
                                              >
                                              > What a small world. I didn't know that Mary Bednarz lived in Minersville. When I was growing up, she was already a widow and lived with her daughter Estelle and her family. I remember seeing pictures of Estelle & Frank Makowski's wedding. Mary Bednarz, Mother of the Bride, had an accident right before the wedding and went to the wedding on crutches. Estelle's daughters are around my age and we would visit back and forth when we were growing up. We've lost touch over the years. Wow, this is bringing back a lot of memories.
                                              >
                                              > Talk to you later.
                                              > Susan
                                              >

                                              > ________________________________

                                            • Ann Poslosky
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 18, 2012
                                                Susan,

                                                Mary Bednarz left MInersville at some point, but I don't know when....I've been looking at the 1940 census; got through two districts and didn't find her so far.

                                                Ann

                                              • jeanclaude.zytka@sfr.fr
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Apr 20, 2012
                                                  Susan
                                                  I do not have as far as I know any Bednarz in my direct line, but just to add my kopeck...
                                                  My father second wife Agata Zytka (1914-2000), born in Bukowsko, was a daughter of Katarzyna Bednarz (26/07/1884 - 6/12/1945) and Jan Zytka (8/03/1880 – 3/03/1964) son of Wincenty Zytka and Marianna Plesniarski.
                                                  Katarzyna Bednarz parents were Jakub Bednarz and Anna Pastuszak.

                                                  I have contacts with Henryka Zytka Antoniewicz one of Katarzyna grand-daughters living in Sanok
                                                  Jean-Claude

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Apr 20, 2012
                                                    Susan,

                                                    I want to check something in your Bednarz line.
                                                    Was your great grandfather Jan Bednarz, born 22 September 1869?
                                                    Ela's great grandfather was Jakub Bednarz, born 6 February 1867.

                                                    Here's what I have:
                                                    Jakub and Jan Bednarz parents were Tomasz Bednarz and Marianna
                                                    L~uszcz. They had another brother, Je~drzej born 1873.

                                                    Marianna L~uszcz Bednarz died and Tomasz Bednarz married Wiktoria
                                                    Szaszowska and had 10 more kids:
                                                    Franciszka
                                                    Pawel
                                                    Antoni
                                                    Tomasz
                                                    Jedrzej
                                                    Jozef
                                                    Agata
                                                    Franciszek
                                                    Katarzyna
                                                    Witkoria

                                                    Katarzyna Bednarz was the mother of Barbara Oliver.
                                                    One of the sons above was the grandfather of Joseph Bednarz (on the list).

                                                    Going back, Tomasz Bednarz parents were Maciej Bednarz and Marianna
                                                    Zadylak.

                                                    Debbie
                                                  • Elizabeth Reiser
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012
                                                      Debbie
                                                      thank you for the update
                                                      Elizabeth

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012
                                                        Debbie,

                                                        Yes that's my Bednarz Family.  I'm descended from Jan Bednarz.  I didn't realize Ela is descended from Jakub. I thought she was from the second marriage. It's nice to have that straightened out and to know that our greatgrandfathers were brothers.  And my records agree that their parents were Tomasz Bednarz & Marianna Luszcz.  Going back another generation is where I am confused.

                                                        I have a Maciej Bednarz who married Marianna Zadylak in 1814  M1 51 349

                                                        I have a Maciej Bednarz who married Marianna Zadylak in 1840

                                                        I saw a baptismal record for Tomasz Bednarz that says his parents were Maciej B. and Maria Solon, bapt. record #58

                                                        Tomasz Bednarz married Marianna Luszcz  M4 80 250

                                                        When Tomasz B. married for the second time, to Wyktoria Sosnowska,  he is listed as widower of Marianna Luszcz, daughter of Jakub L. & Marianna Zadylak.

                                                        It seems that there are a lot of Marianna Zadylaks.

                                                        I'm going to go through my records and notes again tonight and I'll let you know which records I need copies of. Thank you for trying to help me put this together.

                                                        Susan

                                                        ________________________________

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012
                                                          Jean-Claude,

                                                          Jakub Bednarz was my greatgrandfather's (Jan Bednarz) brother.

                                                          I heard you are coming to the US soon.  I hope you have a nice visit.

                                                          Susan

                                                          ________________________________

                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Apr 21, 2012
                                                            Susan,

                                                            I can understand the confusion because it looks like the baptismal
                                                            records have incorrect information. It would take some research to
                                                            figure out what happened here.

                                                            I don't see that a Maciej Bednarz married Marianna Zadylak in 1940.

                                                            All of the baptismal records for Tomasz Bednarz and Marianna L~uszcz
                                                            children would have to be analyzed and it may have to go further then
                                                            that.

                                                            If you request records make sure to give me the volume number, page
                                                            number, name and date. If you want to request a record that has not
                                                            been indexed yet, please supply name, date, type of record and the
                                                            parents if you know them.

                                                            Debbie

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Apr 24, 2012
                                                              FYI to those who are researching the surname Bednarz. In translating
                                                              Vol. IV of the Bukowsko baptisms I've come across a spelling variation
                                                              for the surname Bednarz. A couple of the records are written as
                                                              Będnarz with a diacritical mark under the 'e'.

                                                              Keep that in mind as you search the indexes on line.