Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Hello

    Message 1 of 72 , Jun 5, 2009
      Debra,

      Welcome! Now there are three of us with similar given names on this
      list. Debbie R., Debbie G. and you!

      Thank you for including so much information! That will help others
      make connections.

      I think you may eventually find more connections than you think. Many
      Roman Catholics (Poles) married Greek Catholics (Lemko/Rusyn) in the
      Bukowsko Triangle area. So you may find Poles in your tree. (hmmm,
      interesting choice of words.) Pituch is a pretty common name in this
      group so don't just look at records from Wola Piotrowa (Polish spelling).

      Check out this section on Philip's web site:
      http://www.semanchuk.com/gen/

      Debbie

      another_dw wrote:
      > My name is Debra (Volanski)Walenchok. Corinna (Wengryn) Caudill
      recommended this group to me. I had originally met Corinna around the
      early 2000s at a function of a local Ukrainian group in Pittsburgh, PA
      where I live. When I found that her name was Wengryn, I remember
      remarking that we must be cousins. Well much later through her efforts
      to find members in the "Wolanska" family to which she is related, we
      were re-connected a few months ago by my friend George Honchar.

      > I have been researching my roots more in earnest in the last few years
      but especially since my discovery of how much information is available
      on the internet. I've been able to find census records, ship manifests,
      draft cards, naturalization records, etc. that relate to my family.
      I am
      thrilled to find your group and am excited at the prospect of sharing
      information. My dad who was born in Carnegie, PA in 1917 was Steve
      Volanski, his father was Josef Wolanski (born 1883) and his wife, my
      grandmother, was Mary Pituch (also born 1883). Although I never knew my
      grandparents, I remember my dad telling me his mother's parents came
      from
      "Wola Petro" which I later found out is Wola Pietrowa, and his dad's
      people from Prybyschiew which is a stone's throw from Wola Pietrowa
      (I know I'm probably spelling it incorrectly but please bear with me.)
      They came here in the early 1900s. (I was thrilled yesterday to find
      the map for Wola Pietrowa on Mr. Semanchuck's site where it shows that
      three pieces of property were owned by Pituch's.)

      > I have been to Ukraine twice--in 1994 on a tour with a church group
      where we visited many places in Poland, Western Ukraine, and ended in
      Kyiv. I went the second time in 1999 as a member of the
      Pittsburgh/Donets'k Sister Cities to meet with the Donets'k mayor. But I
      never did any research, because during those times I did not know where
      those villages were located in the present day.

      > Corinna and I are pretty sure we are connected through the Wolanski's
      but I'm also thinking there may be a connection through the Pituch's.
      I noticed that there was a post in your group referring to Panko--I had
      a cousin that lived in Carnegie when I was young, by the name of Panko
      and I believe another Panko in Connecticut or Long Island.

      > I am still working on organizing the information I have but would love
      to research church records and state archives to see how far I can go
      back. I found the Wolanski name along with the name "Gajdosh" on a
      cadastral list for Prybyshiew from the 1780s. Anastasia Gaidosh was the
      name of my great grandmother (mother of Mary Pituch).

      > If anyone has info on these families I would appreciate hearing from
      you.

    • rosemarietruchon
      Message 72 of 72 , Dec 11, 2014

        Hello John,

        My name is Rosemarie (Rose)!  My grandfather was John Harahuc.  He was born in Wislok.  He had many relatives that came to Pennsylvania such as Pittsburgh, Mckees Rocks, Elks Creek, & Butler to name a few!  I remember my grandpa telling me many years ago that there were also Harahus in the family, could we possibly be related