Re: [bukowsko_triangle] TOMBSTONE TRANSLATION

  • Lugene Daniels
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2009
      Thanks to Ann and Roman for helping me with this easy translation. It is a definite comfort knowing that we all have such good friends in this group; everyone is so helpful and gracious with their knowledge.
      With appreciation,
      Lugene
      From: Roman <romankal@...>
      To: bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 8:06 PM

      Ann,

      You are quite right. You will hear about it. :)

      Normally the abbreviation S.P. stands for "Świętej Pamięci" - "in Holy

      Memory". But I like your inventiveness.

      Additionally, you will figure out the dates if I spell them out and tell

      you that usage requires the proper case.

      dziewątego grudnia = 9-tego or 9-ego = (on the) 9th

      dwunastego lipca = 12-tego = (on the) 12th

      Roman