Re: [bukowsko_triangle] New file uploaded to bukowsko_triangle

  • elstonwe@att.net
    Message 1 of 220 , Apr 19, 2009
      Yes. Very similar. I know that the custom in my grandmother's home village was for a married woman to cover her hair with a "babuska". I had a great aunt in the US that kept her hair covered. She lived until her 90s and had hardly any hair under that scarf in the end.

      Gloria
      -------------- Original message from Philip Semanchuk <philip@...>: --------------

      On Apr 19, 2009, at 8:27 PM, elstonwe@... wrote:

      > My grandmother (originally from Dudynce) always braided her hair in
      > the US. Then she would wrap the braids into a bun in the back of
      > her head , or bring them along the top of her head like a crown.

      Is that something like Julia Tymoshenko's iconic hairstyle?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Tymoshenko

      Message 220 of 220 , Feb 14 4:45 AM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the bukowsko_triangle
        group.

        File : /Przemyƛl Archive.jpg
        Uploaded by : bobbysushi <bobbysushi@...>
        Description : Received letter, help with transcribing please.

        bobbysushi <bobbysushi@...>