Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Przybyszow

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1 8:53 AM
      Theresa, Philip, Orysia thanks for the group effort. The map is great. I do locate Niemice houses. I'm still having difficulty putting my family together as there is a break in records available. This sure is a great help.

      Thanks also for the suggestions for translation on Cyrllic. I might then be able to translate the letters I receive from the archives in Urkaine. As I am also searching for my grandfather's records in Ukraine.

      Thanks again
      Marie
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 6, 2011
        Corinna--I have a pictures of the sections of a map of Plonna from
        1880 that I took when I was at the Przemysl archive that I could send
        you, if you're interested. It's not professional, in that you can't
        match the sections up exactly because the pix were taken standing on
        a chair and pointing the camera down on the map section (the map was
        too big to get in one pic), so there are some scale issues, but you
        definitely get a sense of things and there are numbered houses as
        well in the pic.

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 6, 2011
          Corinna,

          (Gail this is to help Corinna)

          Gail took photos of the Pl~onna kadastral map. It is a "tax" map
          which, as Gail stated has house numbers which would have been pre-WWI.
          I believe the maps are circa mid-late 1800s (off the top of my head).

          The only problem here is that the numbers on the map are not house
          numbers. The Austrian government used their own numbering system.
          A person would need the corresponding list for that village in
          order to figure out which actual house number corresponds to the
          Austrian property number (on the map).

          Debbie

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 8, 2011
            On Feb 8, 2011, at 3:07 AM, Corinna C wrote:

            > Hi - thanks for the responses -
            > do these maps have surnames associated with the houses? I'm more interested in that rather than the house numbers, because my Volians'kyj relatives originated from this village, and then ended up in Vol'ia Petrova, which was in the same parish (Volia P., Karlykiv and Prybyschiv were in one parish - Fr. Alexei Malyarchyk was the priest.)

            Hi Corinna,
            I've never seen a cadastral map but I'm aware of this collection of pages, the data for some of which was compiled from "Surnames of Galician Lemkos in the 18th Century" by Ivan Krasovs'kyj which I think relied heavily on 1787 cadastral records:
            http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/new/

            For instance, look at Wolica, where the record says "Lemko Surnames found in 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records":
            http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/new/63.htm

            I don't know where the "Parish data" comes from.

            Hope this helps