Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Wysoczany

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
      On Dec 30, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:

      > Peter and Patricia,
      >
      > Wow! This is great! I wish I had family from this village!

      I agree! Thanks for sharing it.

      > People with
      > ancestors from Bukowsko can't figure out who lived on which property
      > because the village was rebuilt several times.
      >
      > I'm curious to know whether anyone on the list with ancestors from
      > Wysoczany has found your information helpful.

      Also agreed. Where are you Wysoczany people? Sleeping off one too
      many New Year's Eve Zubrowkas, no doubt. =)

    • gailphilbin@att.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 16, 2011
        hey--my grandmother was a Bodnyk and from Wysochany or Kozhushne. And Maslanyj and Holowatyj!

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 16, 2011
          Pat, Gail and "frptpysr",

          I hope you three can connect your families and then share that with
          the list.

          Debbie

          gailphilbin@... wrote:
          hey--my grandmother was a Bodnyk and from Wysochany or Kozhushne. And
          Maslanyj and Holowatyj!

          frptpysr wrote:
          We are looking for any information on Paraska Holowatyj born in Sanok
          1899. Parents unknown. She was Ukrainian and Greek Catholic. Thanks.

          >\
        • lemkohistory
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 11
            Little Red Hen - you need to contact Sam Katchmar on Facebook if you haven't already.  All of those names are in that family and seems like it must be the same one.  Paraska Holowatyj was his mother.  I doubt she was born in Sanok though - she was probably born in Rzepedz (Repid') where she was from.  She married a Kachmar from Wysoczany.  Sam wrote about his family in his book entitled "Sam's Story: The Story of an American Emigre-Immigrant" which is available on Amazon.