Re: [bukowsko_triangle] marek silarski, sanok

  • Marek Silarski
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 8, 2003
      Elizabeth
      Sorry, your fathers name is maybe Pawel ? and when he emigrated to US ?
      MarekSilarski
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 8, 2003
        sorry fathers name HENRY SCHUDMAK , ARRIVED IN AUSTRALIA IN APPROX 1947 . VIA
        ENGLAND. THANK YOU FOR TRYING FOR ME
        KIND REGARDS ELIZABETH

      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 11, 2003
          I would appreciate it if someone who is fluent in Polish would translate
          this post from Marek (and make corrections to my attempt) which he
          posted last Friday, Dec. 5.

          I can make out some of it, but my email program is not compatible with
          Marek's so I see odd symbols and since my Polish isn't that good, I
          can't make out a lot of the words.
          Thank you
          Debbie

          Marek apologizes for not asking a question directly (?)

          ... ask about his ancestors.

          I think he says that his grandmother is from Wieliczki (Krakow?)...he
          remembers his father and distant cousins, gathering information about
          ancestors
          He was a student of archeology in L~o~dz now living in Bielska-Bial~a
          but is visiting in Sanok? (he recently finished school?)
          He would like to gather a little information about his family - his
          father's memory is not good any more and should himself start digging
          into the archives.

          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 11, 2003
            Debbie wrote:
            > I would appreciate it if someone who is fluent in Polish would translate
            > this post from Marek (and make corrections to my attempt) which he
            > posted last Friday, Dec. 5.
            >
            > I can make out some of it, but my email program is not compatible with
            > Marek's so I see odd symbols and since my Polish isn't that good, I
            > can't make out a lot of the words.

            Debbie,
            I realize this only solves part of your problem, but you can probably
            see the Polish characters in the message correctly via the Web. You just
            need to tell your browser that the message is in Polish. Go to the message:

            If you're using Mozilla or Netscape, select from the menu View/Character
            Coding/Central European. If you're using Internet Explorer, try
            View/Encoding/More/Central European (ISO).

            While I'm on the off-topic topic of Web browsers, I'll put in a plug for
            a Web browser called Mozilla. Mozilla does the same job as Internet
            Explorer but it does it better, and more importantly, it's safer to use.
            It is free, blocks popups and even does the dishes while you're
            sleeping. (OK maybe not the dishes.) Install it yourself and try it out,
            or get a computer-savvy friend to help you.

            http://mozilla.org/

            If you have questions about it, please email me privately. I don't want
            to bore those who are not interested with a discussion about technology.
            Thanks.

            Philip
          • Mailkimg2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 11, 2003
              In a message dated 12/11/2003 11:06:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              philip@... writes:
              Debbie wrote:
              > I would appreciate it if someone who is fluent in Polish would translate
              > this post from Marek (and make corrections to my attempt) which he
              > posted last Friday, Dec. 5.
              >
              > I can make out some of it, but my email program is not compatible with
              > Marek's so I see odd symbols and since my Polish isn't that good, I
              > can't make out a lot of the words.
              Dear Debbie,

              Has anyone asked Marek to post in English? He was very friendly in an email
              he sent to me, and it was written in English. He was apologetic about his
              grammar, but I thought he did a fantastic job.

              So..**.hello, Marek? **

              Would you be willing to give it a try and post in English? Many of us here
              don't speak more than a few words in Polish, and it would be easier for us to
              help you with your English than for you to teach us Polish. It's really up to
              you, and there is no pressure. I have fun trying to pronounce the Polish
              words, and my little girls are tickled watching their mommy try.

              It's just a thought.

              Kim :)

            • Jan Cesarczyk
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 12, 2003
                Hello Debbie & Everyone,
                I'm extremely busy at the moment, so I haven't been joining in recent discussions.

                Marek writes (I think this is addressed mainly to Jakub in Gdansk):
                Greetings Family,
                I'm sorry for asking directly, but was it you who was looking for ancestors some time ago, contacting amongst others my grandmother in Wieliczka. My father mentioned to me that a distant cousin, a law student was collecting information about distant ancestors.
                My name is Marek, I did my archeology degree in Lodz and now live in Bielsko-Biala but I visit Sanok each month. I would like to gather a little information about the family. I can no longer count on my father's failing memory and I must start digging in archives myself.

                Hope this helps.
                All the best
                Jan

                Marek Silarski wrote:
                > Witam Familiê
                > Pszepraszam, ¿e zapytam wprost czy to TY swego czasu poszukiwa³e¶ przodków
                > m.in poprzez rodzinê babci w Wieliczce, wspomina³ mi co¶ ojciec, ¿e daleki
                > kuzyn , student prawa, zbiera³ jakie¶ informacje o dalekich przedkach, ja
                > jestem Marek, skonczy³em archeologiê w £odzi, obecnie mieszkam w Bielsku
                > Bia³ej ale co miesi±c odwiedzam Sanok, chcia³bym zebraæ trochê informacji o
                > swojej familii, na pamiêc ojca nie ma co liczyæ te latka, no i trzeba samemu
                > zacz±æ grzebaæ po archiwach,
                > Pozdrawiam

              • Debbie
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 12, 2003