Re: [bukowsko_triangle] New Minersville pages online

  • Laurence Krupnak
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hello Andrew,

      Richard Custer on the Rusyn mailing list provided the following
      regarding Sts. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church:

      It was established as a mission of St. Mary's Holy
      Assumption R.O. Church in nearby Saint Clair.

      There is also a Sts. Peter & Paul Byzantine Catholic
      Church in Minersville, but most of its parishioners
      were Subcarpathian (i.e., "Uhro-") Rusyns, whereas
      most of the R.O. P/P Church's parishioners were Lemko
      Rusyns.

      RDC

      Andrew Makara wrote:

      > Laurence Krupnak wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Andy,
      > >
      > > Was Sts. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church on Sunbury Street, which
      > > was
      > > established in 1910, initially established as a Greek Catholic
      > parish?
      > >
      > >Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church on Sunbury Street was never a
      > part of the original St. George's. Nor, to the best of my knowledge
      > was it ever Greek Catholic.
      > If you e-mail Father Hatrack at Sts. Peter and Paul, I'm pretty sure
      > he
      > would confirm that.
      > Andy
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > [click here]

    • caerlam
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2003
        --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Philip Semanchuk <

        Nice work.

        Carol
      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2003
          I just finished looking at the new pages on your web site (better late
          than never) and I liked them very much. I especially enjoy reading about
          the towns in the U.S., most of which I'm not familiar with. I like your
          style of writing too. Thanks for putting "our family" information out
          there.

          Wesol~ych S~wia~t.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2003
            Debbie wrote:
            > Philip,
            > I just finished looking at the new pages on your web site (better late
            > than never) and I liked them very much. I especially enjoy reading about
            > the towns in the U.S., most of which I'm not familiar with. I like your
            > style of writing too. Thanks for putting "our family" information out
            > there.

            Thanks yourself for helping.

            Ciao