Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Ukrainian Headstone

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
      Roman,

      Thank you for this.

      Debbie

      Roman wrote:
      > Debbie,
      >
      > The headstone reads:
      >
      > КЛИМЕНТІЙ РОЗЛУЦКІЙ
      > Ц.К. НОТАРЬ
      > 5.ІІ.1860 21.Х.1909.
      >
      > ВЬЧНАЯ ПАМЯТЬ [the top bar for the letter P is missing.]
      >
      > In Polish, you might have
      >
      > Klementyn Rozluczki
      > C.K. Notarius
      >
      > Wiecznej Pamięći (or Wieczną Pamięć)
      >
      > Roman
      >
      > Debbie Greenlee wrote:
      >> I will be uploading a photo I took of a headstone in the Bukowsko
      >> Roman Catholic cemetery, this past April. Note that the headstone is
      >> carved in Ukrainian. Interesting. There are a couple more like this.
      >> If anyone wants to transliterate this one for me (into Polish) I'd
      >> appreciate it.
      >>
      >> I might post photos of what appear to be the oldest headstones in the
      >> Bukowsko RC cemetery. Until the recent (2007) clean-up, these
      >> monuments could not be seen for the 7 foot weeds etc. which surrounded
      >> them. Unfortunately most can not be read because they are so poorly
      >> weathered.
      >>

      >> AVAILABLE PROJECT: find people in Bukowsko who know about these
      >> particular headstones and give us the information so we can at least
      >> preserve them on the internet.
      >>
      >> Debbie
    • emil_tomczyk
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
        Debbie, Roman
        I suppose Roz³uczki = Roz³ucki
        C.K. (Austria-Hungary) = in Polish: Cesarsko-Koronny = in English:
        Imperial Royal:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiserlich_und_k%C3%B6niglich

        Emil

        --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...>
        wrote:

        > Roman,
        >
        > Thank you for this.
        >
        > Debbie
        >
        > Roman wrote:
        > > Debbie,
        > >
        > > The headstone reads:
        > >
        > > КЛИМЕНТІЙ РОЗЛУЦКІЙ
        > > Ц.К. НОТАРЬ
        > > 5.ІІ.1860 21.Х.1909.
        > >
        > > Ð'ЬЧНАЯ ПАМЯТЬ [the top bar for the letter P is
        missing.]

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
          Emil,
          So Klementyn was a notary for the Austrian government, correct?

          Debbie