Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Ukrainian Headstone

  • Roman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
      Debbie,

      The headstone reads:

      КЛИМЕНТІЙ РОЗЛУЦКІЙ
      Ц.К. НОТАРЬ
      5.ІІ.1860 21.Х.1909.

      ВЬЧНАЯ ПАМЯТЬ [the top bar for the letter P is missing.]

      In Polish, you might have

      Klementyn Rozluczki
      C.K. Notarius

      Wiecznej Pamięći (or Wieczną Pamięć)

      Roman

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
        Roman,

        Thank you for this.

        Debbie

        Roman wrote:
        > Debbie,
        >
        > The headstone reads:
        >
        > КЛИМЕНТІЙ РОЗЛУЦКІЙ
        > Ц.К. НОТАРЬ
        > 5.ІІ.1860 21.Х.1909.
        >
        > ВЬЧНАЯ ПАМЯТЬ [the top bar for the letter P is missing.]
        >
        > In Polish, you might have
        >
        > Klementyn Rozluczki
        > C.K. Notarius
        >
        > Wiecznej Pamięći (or Wieczną Pamięć)
        >
        > Roman
        >
        > Debbie Greenlee wrote:
        >> I will be uploading a photo I took of a headstone in the Bukowsko
        >> Roman Catholic cemetery, this past April. Note that the headstone is
        >> carved in Ukrainian. Interesting. There are a couple more like this.
        >> If anyone wants to transliterate this one for me (into Polish) I'd
        >> appreciate it.
        >>
        >> I might post photos of what appear to be the oldest headstones in the
        >> Bukowsko RC cemetery. Until the recent (2007) clean-up, these
        >> monuments could not be seen for the 7 foot weeds etc. which surrounded
        >> them. Unfortunately most can not be read because they are so poorly
        >> weathered.
        >>

        >> AVAILABLE PROJECT: find people in Bukowsko who know about these
        >> particular headstones and give us the information so we can at least
        >> preserve them on the internet.
        >>
        >> Debbie
      • emil_tomczyk
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
          Debbie, Roman
          I suppose Roz³uczki = Roz³ucki
          C.K. (Austria-Hungary) = in Polish: Cesarsko-Koronny = in English:
          Imperial Royal:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiserlich_und_k%C3%B6niglich

          Emil

          --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
            Emil,
            So Klementyn was a notary for the Austrian government, correct?

            Debbie