Nowotaniec

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
      Between 1945 (post WWII) and 1949 Nowotaniec was the gmina due to the
      destruction of Bukowsko. I noticed that the Bukowsko USC books for
      Nowotaniec end in 1945. According to Philip's web page
      http://www.semanchuk.com/gen/data/NowotaniecChurchArchive.html
      the RC church in Nowotaniec only has birth records covering 1945-current.

      Does anyone know what happened to the Nowotaniec vital records for
      1945 to 1949? And for that matter what happened to the church marriage
      and death records for Nowotaniec for these same years?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
        On Jun 1, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:

        > Between 1945 (post WWII) and 1949 Nowotaniec was the gmina due to the
        > destruction of Bukowsko. I noticed that the Bukowsko USC books for
        > Nowotaniec end in 1945. According to Philip's web page
        > http://www.semanchuk.com/gen/data/NowotaniecChurchArchive.html
        > the RC church in Nowotaniec only has birth records covering 1945-
        > current.
        >
        > Does anyone know what happened to the Nowotaniec vital records for
        > 1945 to 1949? And for that matter what happened to the church marriage
        > and death records for Nowotaniec for these same years?

        Hi Debbie,
        I see now that my Web page isn't clear -- of the two lists on that
        page, mine is known to be incomplete, and I don't think Marek's list
        is complete either. In other words, the records you're asking about
        might be there, but we just haven't made a note of it yet.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
          Thanks, Philip.

          This stuff couldn't be easy could it?

          I think three weeks in the BT area is what is needed in order to get
          all the information we need.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 14, 2010
            Does anyone have a relationship with the priest in Nowotaniec? If I
            have time during my trip I'd like to photograph _at least_ the outside
            and inside covers of his church books.
            It always helps to have an introduction.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 16, 2010
              On May 14, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:

              > Does anyone have a relationship with the priest in Nowotaniec? If I
              > have time during my trip I'd like to photograph _at least_ the outside
              > and inside covers of his church books.
              > It always helps to have an introduction.

              My cousin is pretty friendly with him, I think. I'll talk to you
              offline and see what we can arrange.