Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: recent letter to archives in warszawa poland

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31, 2008
      Jan,

      thanks for the information. So I guess I will write to the State Archives in Przemysl .

      Marie

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2008
        Marie, Debbie, Jan,

        I'm looking for GC records related to Wola Piotrowa and Tokarnia
        (period 1870 - 1946). I have checked (pradziad web sites)what GC
        records are available in State Archiv in Przemysl. For Karlikow
        (parish for Wola Piotrowa and Przybyszow): Births 1784-1843 and
        Deaths 1785-1850 for Tokarnia: Marriages 1785-1839, 1841-1842,
        1847-1850, 1856-1859 and Deaths 1784-1839, 1841-1842,1847-1850,
        1856-1859. It is not too much.

        Jurek

        --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "jan_cesarczyk"
        <jan_cesarczyk@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > for asking a million questions but how would the Przemysl civil
        > archives have any records for Przybyszow? Bear with me I feel
        like
        > I'm playing "Who's on First"!
        > > >
        > > > I am assuming the addresses I will need in on the Polish web
        > sites or Cindi's list. Previously you told me never to send money,
        > will assume this still goes?
        > > >
        > > > My frustration just doesn't come from this search but I am also
        > researching in the Transcarpatian Oblast for my Grandfather's GC
        > records with no response from my
        > > > e-mails and letters. Then...I got a letter today saying my
        Uncle
        > Andy's army records (Paraska's son who was shot down in WWII over
        > France in a B-24) cannot be
        > > > found because of the fire in 1973. Just no luck for the
        weary!!

        > > > Thank for your help, at least you cleared a path!

      • Marie
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
          Jurek,

          When searching on that site I entered Przybyszow and said that no records are found...........but there were records for Karlikow. For future reference can I assume that the records for sister parishes (Przybyszow) will be included with the Karlikow records?

          Marie

          <jan_cesarczyk@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > for asking a million questions but how would the Przemysl civil
          > archives have any records for Przybyszow? Bear with me I feel
          like
          > I'm playing "Who's on First"!
          > > >
          > > > I am assuming the addresses I will need in on the Polish web
          > sites or Cindi's list. Previously you told me never to send money,
          > will assume this still goes?
          > > >
          > > > My frustration just doesn't come from this search but I am also
          > researching in the Transcarpatian Oblast for my Grandfather's GC
          > records with no response from my
          > > > e-mails and letters. Then...I got a letter today saying my
          Uncle
          > Andy's army records (Paraska's son who was shot down in WWII over
          > France in a B-24) cannot be
          > > > found because of the fire in 1973. Just no luck for the
          weary!!

          > > > Thank for your help, at least you cleared a path!

        • jerzy.cwiakala
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
            Marie,

            According to the "Pradziad" site there are no records for Przybyszow,
            so you should try to look for the records of your interest among the
            Karlokow records.

            Jurek

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
              Marie,

              Since these are church records (even though they are in the _civil_
              archive), they would be listed according to the parish not the
              individual village. Off the top of my head I'm guessing that
              Przybyszo~w belonged to the GC parish in Karliko~w.

              Debbie

              Marie wrote:
              > Jurek,
              >
              > When searching on that site I entered Przybyszow and said that no records
              are found...........but there were records for Karlikow. For future
              reference can I assume that the records for sister parishes
              (Przybyszow)
              will be included with the Karlikow records?

              > Marie

            • Marie
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008

                Yes, it's the "sister parish" to Karlikow. I have e-mail a request to archiwum@... in February and recevied no answer from them. I am
                assuming that snail mail is better.

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 9, 2008
                  On Jun 2, 2008, at 1:21 PM, jerzy.cwiakala wrote:

                  > Marie, Debbie, Jan,
                  >
                  > I'm looking for GC records related to Wola Piotrowa and Tokarnia
                  > (period 1870 - 1946). I have checked (pradziad web sites)what GC
                  > records are available in State Archiv in Przemysl. For Karlikow
                  > (parish for Wola Piotrowa and Przybyszow): Births 1784-1843 and
                  > Deaths 1785-1850 for Tokarnia: Marriages 1785-1839, 1841-1842,
                  > 1847-1850, 1856-1859 and Deaths 1784-1839, 1841-1842,1847-1850,
                  > 1856-1859. It is not too much.

                  Hi Jurek,
                  Are you aware that there are books for Wola Piotrowa and Tokarnia in
                  the Bukowsko gmina archive? They cover quite a number of years.

                  Hope this helps
                  Philip

                  > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "jan_cesarczyk"
                  > <jan_cesarczyk@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Debbie,
                  >>
                  >> I'm fairly sure that the Greek Catholic Eparchy does not have an
                  >> archive. I have not seen one mentioned on any list. I looked
                  > through
                  >> the website and there is no mention of one there. The historic
                  >> archive of the Eparchy, containing everything that went into the
                  >> archive upto 1946 was taken over by the state and is now in the
                  > State
                  >> Archive in Przemysl.
                  >>
                  >> Jan
                  >>
                  >> --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@>
                  >> wrote:
                  >>>
                  >>> Marie,
                  >>>
                  >>> Marie wrote: "Do you advise sending letters one at a time or can
                  >>> mail them all at the same time by snail mail?"
                  >>>
                  >>> If I were you I'd send all the letters at the same time however
                  >> make
                  >>> sure to ask each one where the records are if they don't have
                  > them.
                  >>>

                  >>> Marie wrote: "I am confused about what is civil records and what
                  >> are
                  >>> church records. I thought the church kept the records (birth,
                  >> deaths,
                  >>> marriage) and then sent them to the civil offices, what else is
                  >> there?"
                  >>>
                  >>> Not exactly. At first, the church was the only entity
                  >> keeping "vital"
                  >>> records. Then the government started keeping records but it was
                  >>> easier for them if they had the church copy the church's records
                  >> and
                  >>> pass them onto the gov't. That's why in some civil record
                  > listings
                  >>> (LDS for example) you'll see Civil Records from Roman Catholic
                  >> church.
                  >>> After awhile the government decided it really needed to have
                  > its
                  >> own
                  >>> records and started recording events themselves. Up until not too
                  >> long
                  >>> ago, if a couple wanted to get married they had to do it twice.
                  >> Once
                  >>> in the "justice of the peace's" office (that's not what it's
                  > called
                  >> in
                  >>> Poland) and then in the church.
                  >>>
                  >>> Here are the addresses. Oh, all have to be in Polish except for
                  > the
                  >>> one to the eparchy and I think that has to be in Ukrainian.
                  >>>
                  >>> Archdiocesan address:
                  >>> Archiwum Archidiecezjalne w Przemys~lu
                  >>> ks. pral. dr. Borcz
                  >>> Plac Katedralny 4a
                  >>> 37-700 PRZEMYS'L
                  >>> Poland
                  >>>
                  >>> Civil archives address:
                  >>> Archiwum Pan~stwowe w Przemys~lu
                  >>> ul. Lelewela 4
                  >>> 37-700 Przemys'l
                  >>> Poland
                  >>>
                  >>> Eparchy:
                  >>> I don't have this but here's the web site. Good luck.
                  >>> http://www.cerkiew.net/news.php
                  >>>

                  >>> As a last resort you might also try the civil archives in L'viv
                  >>> (Lwo~w). Read about them here: http://www.halgal.com/halgal.asp
                  >>>

                  >>> Don't send money up front.
                  >>>

                  >>> Marie wrote: "my Uncle Andy's army records (Paraska's son who
                  > was
                  >>> shot down in WWII over France in a B-24) cannot be
                  >>> found because of the fire in 1973"
                  >>>
                  >>> Sometimes you just can't get a break. Hopefully, you will at
                  > some
                  >> point.
                  >>>
                  >>> Debbie

                  >> Film#0766017 and Czystogarb CG Film#2380080 recently. I have
                  >> copied both records which I have seen Niemiec/Nimec and
                  > Fecko/Feckow
                  >> surnames listed. I have just started translating them and will
                  >> consider mother's name if there is no father listed.

                  >> Przemysl RC Archdiocesan Archives, Przemysl Civil Archives and the
                  >> Przemysl Greek Catholic Eparchy. Do you advise sending letters one
                  >> at a time or can I mail them all at the same time by snail mail? I
                  >> am confused about what is civil records and what are church
                  > records.
                  >> I though the.church kept the records (birth, deaths, marriage) and
                  >> then sent them to the civil offices, what else is there? Excused
                  > me
                  >> for asking a million questions but how would the Przemysl civil
                  >> archives have any records for Przybyszow? Bear with me I feel
                  > like
                  >> I'm playing "Who's on First"!

                  >> sites or Cindi's list. Previously you told me never to send money,
                  >> will assume this still goes?

                  >> researching in the Transcarpatian Oblast for my Grandfather's GC
                  >> records with no response from my
                  > Uncle
                  >> Andy's army records (Paraska's son who was shot down in WWII over
                  >> France in a B-24) cannot be
                  > weary!!

                • jerzy.cwiakala
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 10, 2008