Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Spis Page Poles in Zboiska

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
      On Mar 10, 2008, at 10:28 PM, Ann Poslosky wrote:

      > Debbie,
      >
      > Sorry, it still doesn't work; the message is "this website
      > cannot be found." Thanks for trying, though.

      Ann,
      I've had trouble in the past making links to things in the files
      section, too. Instead, try going to the files section here and look
      for the files Str0729b.jpg and Str0729c.jpg. They're listed in
      alphabetical order.

    • Ann Poslosky
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008

        Forgive my lack of "thinking" here; I should have figured that out for myself. Sorry, and thank you.

        Ann

        Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...> wrote:
        Ann,

        OK. The link just takes you to the Bukowsko Triangle email list web
        site FILES section. I thought it would be easier to give the link than
        to have folks go to the page and then scroll down looking for the
        correct files.

        If you do scroll through the list of FILES, look for the two that have
        SPIS in the description and/or the date of March 8, 2008.

        Debbie

        Ann Poslosky wrote:
        > Debbie,
        >
        > Sorry, it still doesn't work; the message is "this website cannot be found." Thanks for trying, though.
        >
        > Ann
        >
        > Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...> wrote:
        > Ann,
        >
        > Sorry about that.
        >
        > Here are the long URLs and the Tiny URLs:
        >
        > Str0729b.jpg
        > Spis Page 729b Poles in Zboiska -Front:
        >
        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YK_VR5UUoH9S37wVo1W7crnpKM3sx_mb9x4OrJLglOiHcf4f3RN8BHSYJ7VWXSRwB61uUIX20TFvHV4kTcGwpSItfiGG_bc/Str0729b.jpg
        > http://tinyurl.com/2khue4
        >
        > Str0729c.jpg
        > Spis Page 729c Poles in Zboiska - Back:
        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YK_VR-VeWIFS37wV_aypcYReG8x2g3OkTUuV1xx4Str76Zgz_kc_f0JT-8NgAx-5-rwQhLL18WDbTLyvBqE4ER301V7umpk/Str0729c.jpg
        > http://tinyurl.com/2wabp7
        >
        > Debbie
        >
        > Ann Poslosky wrote:
        >> Debbie,
        >>
        >> For some reason the address below...tinyurl does not work for me. I get a message that says the page cannot be accessed. May be just my computer?
        >>
        >> Ann
        >>
        >> Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...> wrote:
        >> Roman translated the headings which appear on the piece of paper I
        >> found in the Bukowsko Spis (see FILES at Bukowsko Triangle web site:
        >> http://tinyurl.com/yu4rxp
        >>
        >> and
        >>
        >> http://tinyurl.com/ypv7bc
        >>
        >> original message #6649
        >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bukowsko_triangle/message/6649
        >>
        >> The main entry reads:
        >>
        >> Polacy w Zboiskach = Poles in Zboiska
        >>
        >> The two subtitles are:
        >>
        >> Domy polskie = Polish homes
        >> Polacy, lub Polki = Poles (male and female) or Poles (female)
        >>
        >> As best as I can work this out, the first list consists of house
        >> owners while the other is simply a list of residents.
        >>
        >> Thanks Roman

      • Ann Poslosky
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008

          Thank you; I've heard of "senior moments"....that was one I had. What was it Forrest Gump said, "stupid is as stupid does"....or something like that.

          Ann