Katyn - 2008 movie by Andrzej Wajda

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2008
      The 2008 Academy Award nominated move, "Katyn" by Andrzej Wajda is
      available for purchase even though it doesn't yet have a U.S.
      distribution. PolBook.com has this movie!
      http://www.polbook.com/index.php?p=index&t=kat&v=11

      It's on the right side of the screen under "Bestsellers." It's only
      $19.95!

      "Oscar 2008 nomination for Best Foreign Film category! Wajda`s "Katyn"
      takes its title from the forest in Soviet Russia were over 22 thousand
      Polish officers were executed on orders from Stalin in 1940. For 81
      year-old Wajda, whose father was a victim of Katyn, the film was the
      most important in his entire career. In Polish only, no English
      Subtitles."

      Even if you don't understand Polish consider buying this movie for a
      friend or relative who does and watch it with them.

      Also check out Oscar winner (2000) Wajda's other movies, many of which
      have English sub-titles. He directed the movie of the famous (and
      world's longest?) poem by Adam Mickiewicz, "Pan Tadeusz."

      Debbie
    • Michele
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hi Debbie,
        I also noticed it on Netflix,its not available yet though...I have it
        in my queue one its available.
        Fyi,
        Netflix has alot of foreign films with English subtitles :o)
        I watch alot of them, some you can even watch instantly on your PC.

        Caio for now:o)
        Michele

        --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...>