Fenni

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2008
      Isn't there a Uke and/or L~emko given name that is spelled similarly
      to Fenni?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2008
        On Jan 21, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:

        > Isn't there a Uke and/or L~emko given name that is spelled similarly
        > to Fenni?

        It's not quite Fenni, but I've seen Fesko and variations thereof as a
        nickname for Theodore.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2008
          Thanks Philip.

          I think that must be what I was thinking of though it's not what I
          wanted. ;)

          > On Jan 21, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:
          >
          >> Isn't there a Uke and/or L~emko given name that is spelled similarly
          >> to Fenni?
          >
          > It's not quite Fenni, but I've seen Fesko and variations thereof as a
          > nickname for Theodore.

          >\
        • vchromoho
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2008
            There is an uncommon Lemko female name Fenna. I'm not sure of the
            Greek antecedent but it's probably something like "Theonia".

            Many Lemko "Fennas" in America went by "Fanny".

            --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2008
              Thank you.

              _This_ is what I was thinking of.