Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Relatives?

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2003
      Andrew Makara wrote:
      > Philip,
      > It was a pleasure to meet you last weekend. I truly enjoyed our chat and
      > would again like to thnk you for making the Bukowska connections for us.
      > I was reading the Obituaries in the Pottsville Republican newspaper
      > today and noticed a Janet M. Semanchick age 49 from Pittsburgh. It
      > listed several relatives including a John and Julia Semanchick from
      > Frackville, PA.
      > You can access the obit. on line or I can send you more info. if you
      > want.

      Thanks, Andy. While I was in the area I swiped a motel phone book that
      might even have John Semanchick's number in it. If not I might ask you
      for it. In any case, it was nice to meet you too.

      Bye for now,
      Philip
    • caerlam
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 17, 2003
        --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Makara <ankama@p...>
        wrote:

        Andy,
        Did any of your BT Makara's marry Kowalczyk? Specifically from
        Philip's records, Joannis Kowalczyk and Maria Makara from Wolica?
        They had a son, Stefan (married Anna Tynik or Tymik), and they had a
        daughter, Juliana, who I think is my GGM. She ended up in
        Minersville area as did her sisters, Katarina (Katherine) and Sofia.

        Carol

        > Philip,
        > It was a pleasure to meet you last weekend. I truly enjoyed our
        chat and
        > would again like to thnk you for making the Bukowska connections
        for us.
        > I was reading the Obituaries in the Pottsville Republican newspaper
        > today and noticed a Janet M. Semanchick age 49 from Pittsburgh. It
        > listed several relatives including a John and Julia Semanchick from
        > Frackville, PA.
        > You can access the obit. on line or I can send you more info. if you
        > want.
        > Regards,
        > Andy M.
      • Andrew Makara
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 19, 2003
          caerlam wrote:

          > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Makara <ankama@p...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > Carol,
          > I haven't done as much research as I'd like to have, however, I 'll try to answer your questions.
          "Did any of your BT Makara's marry Kowalczyk? Specifically from
          > Philip's records, Joannis Kowalczyk and Maria Makara from Wolica?"
          There are several gaps in my records and I need to do more research to
          establish the full picture. However, my grandfather born 10 july 1885 in
          Wolica had a sister Maria (birthdate unknown and whom she married).
          Their parents were John Makara born 1843 and married 14 Feb.1869 to
          Maria Ternawczyk Born 1851.

          Maria Ternawczyk's parents were Theodore Tarnawczyk and Fenronia
          Bonczak(Bonchalk) from Zboiska.( great-great grandparents)

          John Makara's parents were Elias Makara and Justyna Starecka.
          (great-great grandparents)
          Any help??

          > "They had a son, Stefan (married Anna Tynik or Tymik), and they had a
          > daughter, Juliana, who I think is my GGM. She ended up in
          > Minersville area as did her sisters, Katarina (Katherine) and Sofia."

          I'm not sure of the rest of the connections. Does the time frame seem to
          fit?

          Andy

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 19, 2003
            Andrew Makara wrote:
            > Maria Ternawczyk's parents were Theodore Tarnawczyk and Fenronia
            > Bonczak(Bonchalk) from Zboiska.( great-great grandparents)

            Hi Andy,
            Do you know for sure that the name Bonchalk (which I saw a lot in
            Minersville) indeed originated in the BT name Bonczak? It seems entirely
            likely but evidence is always better than speculation.

            Thanks
          • Debbie
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 19, 2003
              Philip,
              Although it's also only speculation, that's what I figured when I
              transcribed those Minersville cemetery headstones. Bonchalk = Bonczak

              > Andrew Makara wrote:
              > > Maria Ternawczyk's parents were Theodore Tarnawczyk and Fenronia
              > > Bonczak(Bonchalk) from Zboiska.( great-great grandparents)
              >
              > Hi Andy,
              > Do you know for sure that the name Bonchalk (which I saw a lot in
              > Minersville) indeed originated in the BT name Bonczak? It seems entirely
              > likely but evidence is always better than speculation.
              > Thanks
            • mary_ache
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 20, 2003
                Hi Philip,
                It's a definite 'yes' - Bonchalk originated from BT Bonczak.
                Mary

                Hi Andy,
                It's been awhile!
                Mary Makara's birthdate is 25 August 1877.
                I found travel papers for a Marya Bonczak born 1906 in Zboiska at my
                grandparent's homestead. She must be related to our Makara's but I
                haven't been able to tie her in yet.
                Mary

                --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Philip Semanchuk
                <philip@s...> wrote:
                > Andrew Makara wrote:
                > > Maria Ternawczyk's parents were Theodore Tarnawczyk and Fenronia
                > > Bonczak(Bonchalk) from Zboiska.( great-great grandparents)
                >
                > Hi Andy,
                > Do you know for sure that the name Bonchalk (which I saw a lot in
                > Minersville) indeed originated in the BT name Bonczak? It seems
                entirely
                > likely but evidence is always better than speculation.
                >
                > Thanks
              • caerlam
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 21, 2003
                  --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Makara <ankama@p...>
                  wrote:
                  Andy,
                  DOesn't seem like any connection way back when. Thanks for the reply.
                  Carol