Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Rome, New York

  • Ray Ernenwein
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2003
      S. George St. in Rome, NY was definitely part of the predominantly Polish neighborhood in the south-central part of the city. See 1930 Census Roll T626_1621; Pages: 8A-8B ; Enumeration District: 48. One other BT surname I noticed there was Plesniarski (father Albert, mother Mary, children Felicia & Edward)

      Debbie <daveg@...> wrote:
      So I don't leave anyone out of my idea, I'm addressing this to everyone.

      If anyone has access to the film (not the Ellis Island Database) for the
      1920 New York Federal Census and has an interest in the surnames, Drozd,
      Luczynski, Hujsak, I suggest you locate the pages that cover George St.
      in Rome, New York. Three different people reported they were going to
      this street in the early 1900s. It may not mean anything and there may
      not be any other people from Bukowsko area on that street but it's worth
      a look-see. Maybe you'll find other relatives that immigrated.

      Might also be interesting if a map of the area can be located from the
      city or from fire insurance maps just to see what the make-up of the
      neighborhood was like - unless it's still the same as it was.

      Debbie

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2003
        Thanks for the DROZD info from Rome, New York. Always interested in where
        the Drozd gang from the Bukowsko area ends up. Philip, hope you take a lot of
        pictures in PA and they find their way to your web site.
        thanks, Sharon