Lemko Book

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
      UWAGA! ATTENTION!

      A new L~emko book has been published!

      _LEMKOWSZCZYZNA - THE LEMKO LAND_ by Antoni Kroh & Piotr Drozdzik.
      Published by "Bosz" (in) Olszanica 2006, 192 pages (hard cover)

      ISBN: 8389747413
      Description is at the end of this message.

      The price, if purchased in the U.S. is $42.00 plus approx. $4.20 for
      S/H = $46.20.

      The price, if purchased in Poland is, with an exchange rate of 2.92
      PLN (zl~oty) to the dollar, approximately $24.00. The cost to send 10
      books via "Worek specjalny M" (M-Bag) is approximately $2.68 per book.
      The more books sent in one bag, the cheaper it is.

      Here's my offer. Anyone interested in purchasing this book should
      contact me ASAP. Once a final per book cost is determined each person
      will need to send payment to me. I will place the order with the
      publisher in Poland and pay for the books (I have an arrangement with
      a friend in Krakow). The publisher will send the books to me via
      "Worek specjalny M". Shipping will be by boat and could take up to 6
      weeks. Once I receive the books I will re-package them and mail them
      to each person who pre-paid.

      Purchasing the L~emko book this way saves you money (at least $17.00),
      time, and the "how do I buy a book from Poland" concerns.

      Of course I will have to charge each person for the U.S. mailing cost
      as well as the envelope. That should run about $2.32. I am considering
      adding the cost of Delivery Confirmation to that which would be an
      additional 60 cents or a total of $2.92. (the $17.00 savings figures
      in the cost of me mailing out the books)

      So, think this offer over quickly. I will give you until January 10 to
      contact me. Once that date arrives I will figure up the final cost. It
      won't cost you more than I mentioned above unless the Polish Post
      Office has an increase in prices.

      Thank you to Mary-Ann for bringing this to my attention!
      Debbie

      Here's a description of the book:
      "The Lemko Land (Lemkowszyzna) stretches in a narrow band of territory
      along southern Poland, covering the Pieniny, Sadecki Beskid and Niski
      Beskid Mountains. (-) The Lemkos are part of Eastern Christianity.
      They are either Orthodox or Greek Catholic. Until today in some
      villages there are two churches of Eastern rite. (-) Lemko culture is
      alive, it is undergoing transformation, yet under the new
      circumstances of the 21st century initiating right now, it has not
      been losing any of its identity." This colorful and bilingual
      (Polish-English) publication allows readers to acquaint with the land
      and culture of the Lemko region in Poland.
    • Mary-Ann
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
        As you might have guessed....I want one of these books! The cover
        photograph of the old wooden church is beautiful..I can just imagine the
        pictures inside!
        Mary-Ann
        Rockledge, FL 8-)

      • nsrevak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
          In a message dated 1/1/2007 3:35:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          bensings@... writes:

          Debbie,
          As you might have guessed....I want one of these books! The cover
          photograph of the old wooden church is beautiful..I can just imagine the
          pictures inside!
          Mary-Ann
          Rockledge, FL 8-)

          I received a copy of this wonderful book as a Christmas present. It was
          just published and has many wonderful photographs and information that are sure
          to be of interest to all Lemkos. I highly recommend getting a copy.

          Nancy

        • John Gronsky

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
              Debbie, Count me in on purchasing one book.I had contacted Poland about cost but have not heard from them.

              GLoria
              From: Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...>
              > UWAGA! ATTENTION!
              >
              > A new L~emko book has been published!
              >
              > _LEMKOWSZCZYZNA - THE LEMKO LAND_ by Antoni Kroh & Piotr Drozdzik.
              > Published by "Bosz" (in) Olszanica 2006, 192 pages (hard cover)
              >
              > ISBN: 8389747413
              > Description is at the end of this message.
              >
              > The price, if purchased in the U.S. is $42.00 plus approx. $4.20 for
              > S/H = $46.20.
              >
              > The price, if purchased in Poland is, with an exchange rate of 2.92
              > PLN (zl~oty) to the dollar, approximately $24.00. The cost to send 10
              > books via "Worek specjalny M" (M-Bag) is approximately $2.68 per book.
              > The more books sent in one bag, the cheaper it is.
              >
              > Here's my offer. Anyone interested in purchasing this book should
              > contact me ASAP. Once a final per book cost is determined each person
              > will need to send payment to me. I will place the order with the
              > publisher in Poland and pay for the books (I have an arrangement with
              > a friend in Krakow). The publisher will send the books to me via
              > "Worek specjalny M". Shipping will be by boat and could take up to 6
              > weeks. Once I receive the books I will re-package them and mail them
              > to each person who pre-paid.
              >
              > Purchasing the L~emko book this way saves you money (at least $17.00),
              > time, and the "how do I buy a book from Poland" concerns.
              >
              > Of course I will have to charge each person for the U.S. mailing cost
              > as well as the envelope. That should run about $2.32. I am considering
              > adding the cost of Delivery Confirmation to that which would be an
              > additional 60 cents or a total of $2.92. (the $17.00 savings figures
              > in the cost of me mailing out the books)
              >
              > So, think this offer over quickly. I will give you until January 10 to
              > contact me. Once that date arrives I will figure up the final cost. It
              > won't cost you more than I mentioned above unless the Polish Post
              > Office has an increase in prices.
              >
              > Thank you to Mary-Ann for bringing this to my attention!
              > Debbie
              >
              > Here's a description of the book:
              > "The Lemko Land (Lemkowszyzna) stretches in a narrow band of territory
              > along southern Poland, covering the Pieniny, Sadecki Beskid and Niski
              > Beskid Mountains. (-) The Lemkos are part of Eastern Christianity.
              > They are either Orthodox or Greek Catholic. Until today in some
              > villages there are two churches of Eastern rite. (-) Lemko culture is
              > alive, it is undergoing transformation, yet under the new
              > circumstances of the 21st century initiating right now, it has not
              > been losing any of its identity." This colorful and bilingual
              > (Polish-English) publication allows readers to acquaint with the land
              > and culture of the Lemko region in Poland.

            • mikenmacz
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
                Please add me to the list for one copy of the "The Lemko Land" book.
                I have no idea how or when to get the money to you. I presume you
                will advise.
                Thanks much.
                Mike

                --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee
                <daveg@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > Debbie
                >
                > Here's a description of the book:
                > "The Lemko Land (Lemkowszyzna) stretches in a narrow band of
                territory
                > along southern Poland, covering the Pieniny, Sadecki Beskid and
                Niski
                > Beskid Mountains. (-) The Lemkos are part of Eastern Christianity.
                > They are either Orthodox or Greek Catholic. Until today in some
                > villages there are two churches of Eastern rite. (-) Lemko culture
                is
                > alive, it is undergoing transformation, yet under the new
                > circumstances of the 21st century initiating right now, it has not
                > been losing any of its identity." This colorful and bilingual
                > (Polish-English) publication allows readers to acquaint with the
                land
                > and culture of the Lemko region in Poland.

              • Jackson Szczyrbak
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007

                  Yes, put me down for one copy of this book. Thank you for your efforts in offering to obtain copies of this book for us.

                  Jack

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
                    I'd also like a copy of the Lemko book.
                    Mary

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 10, 2007
                      Today is the last chance to put your name on the list for the L~emko
                      book which I will be ordering from Poland. I have 13 orders so far.
                      See below for more information about the book. Please understand that
                      you can purchase the book in the U.S. and receive it a lot faster but
                      there is a price for that.

                      Tomorrow I will figure up the final costs and then notify each person
                      individually. Payment will need to be sent to me immediately along
                      with mailing addresses. I realize this means you will have to wait 6-7
                      weeks to receive your book but I don't want to pay for a lot of books
                      that will end up sitting on my shelves.

                      Thanks
                      Debbie

                    • John T. Zubal
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 10, 2007
                        Debbie:

                        Kindly add me to the list. I will buy one copy for myself.

                        Let me know if you want me to send a check or if you take credit cards.

                        Regards,

                        John T. Zubal
                        jzubal@...

                        John T. Zubal, Inc. (Zubal Books)
                        2969 West 25th Street � Cleveland, OH 44113 U.S.A.
                        Phone: 216 241 7640 Fax: 216 241 6966

                        http://www.zubal.com

                      • Mailkimg2@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 10, 2007

                          Add me to the list of orders, please. :)

                          Kim

                        • nsrevak@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 10, 2007
                            Hi Debbie,

                            Please order a copy of the book for me also. You may be getting yours
                            before I get to Poland next summer.

                            Thanks,

                            Nancy Revak

                          • nsrevak@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 9, 2007

                              Received my book today. Thanks so much for getting these for us and
                              wrapping them so carefully.

                              Nancy