Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Dowzycki in Smolnik - First Time Poster

  • Christopher Paradise
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 29, 2006
      Thanks -

      I do use my browser to read my yahoo mail.
      The default encoding is Western European, and when I changed it Unicode, all was good.

      Chris

      Roman <romanka@...> wrote:
      Chris,

      You need to insure that your mail or browser program "character
      encoding" property is set to Unicode or UTF-8 in order for the Polish
      letters to appear correctly.

      A good mail program would have done that automatically by recognizing
      the (hidden) header "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8". You can
      see this header if you examine the "message source".

      Cheers,

      Roman