Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Pudelski/Grzes/Tarnawczyk

  • Mailkimg2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2006
      Good morning Debbie,

      Of course, this is all I could think of first thing this morning. I think
      you are right about the spis. I will check it out in a minute.

      Do you remember we had a male member here who was researching Pudelski or who
      knew a Pudelski woman living in or outside of Minersville? I would love for
      him to check in here as well if he's still around.

      Unfortunately, until I can confirm who Katherine Tarnawczyk's parents were, I
      can't do anything. Elzbieta, if you are reading this, I think you said that
      you were going to speak to Sophie's brother Stanley's daughter again, correct?
      If Kathy can give us amy information on her grandmother Katherine Tarnawczyk
      Grzes, perhaps we can see if there's any information in the BT? I'm also
      gathering some data from ancestry which I'll email to you later.

      I can't believe that Mrs. Piscitelli's mother was born in Bukowsko!! What
      was her maiden name?

      Alright...off to the spis. Thanks Debbie,
      Kim :)

      "If those records are on line then they're probably in the "Spis" section on
      Philip's Bukowsko Triangle site: http://www.semanchuk.com/gen/
      BTW Once you get everyone in their correct place and added new members, let
      me know so I can add them to your family record in my database."

    • Mailkimg2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2006
        Look at this Debbie and Elzbieta!

        Click here: http://semanchuk.com/gen/data/debbieg/spis/wolica.pdf

        How much assurance do you think I can presently have on this one?

        BTW, the info is on pg. 29.

        Kim :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2006
          Kim,
          Looks like a match. Notice, too, that Katarzyna's mother's name is Zofia.
          It was common for grandchildren to be named after their grandparents
          (Katarzyna's daughter whom she immigrated with).

          I bet Zofia Szel~ke was from Pobiedno and that's why she and Jo~zef
          Tarnawczyk married there. I see, too that they must have moved around a bit
          in the BT. HA HA! get it? round, triangle? never mind

          If it is all clear to you that's what counts; just so you can place
          everyone on the correct limbs of your tree with accuracy.

          I suppose you spotted Michal~ Burczyk at the bottom of page 29 - living in
          the same house as the Tarnawczyks.

          Debbie

        • Mailkimg2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 17, 2006
            Hi Debbie,

            One thing that has confused me is the spelling of Zofia's maiden name. On
            Philip's site, most of the records spell her last name as Cypcarz. Are they
            pronounced similarly? Could it just be a misspelling?

            And yes...the Burczyks in the same house interested me when you first posted
            these records. That's where Pudelski came from, as well.

            Everything just keeps fitting nicely. I just like to see documentation for
            assurance before adding anyone to the tree. But boy...if I can add Katarzyna
            and Sophie to a branch, I will also have your people as well as Elzbieta's to
            add!

            Fun! Fun! Fun!!

            My Thanks,
            Kim :)

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2006
              Kim,

              Cypcarz is a correct spelling. If you're referring to Zofia Szel~ke, who
              married Jo~zef Tarnawczyk in Pobiedno, that's a different surname than
              Cypcarz and they aren't pronounced the same. Please keep in mind that the
              "spis" records are not "official" documents. When the priest came around
              during December, he'd ask who was born when, where they were, who they
              married, etc. It might be very easy for a mother to rattle off her
              children's birthdays and get one wrong. It's also possible for the priest
              to record something incorrectly. Though I can't be specific, I seem to
              recall coming across at least one record, maybe in my family, where the
              "spis" was wrong.

              When we add a person to our tree sometimes it's difficult to remember to go
              back and check the records that we have "at hand" but that's really what
              should happen.

              At some point in the future I should be able to make a copy of the spis
              page for you. "Some time" could mean a long time though as I am very backed
              up with "stuff" to do.

              In searching the BT archives I found that it was Carol who wrote about
              Pudelski, back in February.

              Debbie