Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Wegrzyn Genealogy ... Dlugie and Sanok, Poland

  • fwegerson@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 13 2:07 PM
      Yes, exactly the URL.. Thanks for the tip on translation software. I'll stick with my human translator (who is currently in Poland).
      Regards,
      Frank
      Brentwood, TN

      From: Philip Semanchuk <philip@...>

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 16 7:22 AM
        Frank,
        I just looked at your photos on the BT web site:

        Thanks for the photos. The condition of those books sure looks familiar!
        A real shame.

        Those books should be archived at the diocese and microfilmed or
        digitally copied. Of course, then we lose access because the diocesan
        archivist is too busy to look up records and won't allow access (last I
        heard).

        Perhaps we should set up a foundation like "Jewish Records Indexing" and
        get these books filmed! http://www.jewishgen.org/jri-pl/

        Debbie