Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Przemysl Civil Archives - Archiwum Panstwowe w Przemyslu

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 25, 2006
      On Jun 24, 2006, at 8:43 PM, Roman wrote:
      > Art 17. Item 1. Archival materials are accessible 30 years after their
      > creation, if this does not infringe upon legally protected interests of
      > the State and its citizens.
      >
      > Well, what does that say? That clause, not mentioned in the original
      > statement you cite, covers it all! Perhaps, it requires some personal
      > face-to-face negotiation with the archive director.

      Thanks very much to Roman and Debbie for researching this very
      interesting question.

      New question for the list -- where can I hire a lawyer for a day in
      Przemysl? =)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25, 2006
        Well, I'll be bringing my own "adwokat". Unfortunately not only does he
        NOT know Polish law, he doesn't speak Polish! (moj ma~z)

        But, I do know of a person who is studying to be a judge who, as a
        working college "kid" has a genealogical research company in Warsaw,
        Michal~ Marciniak. If I have time before I leave I will contact him
        about this "situation."

        Ya' know, the records' availability in Przemys~l, whether civil or
        church, is getting worse instead of better!