Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Wegrzyn Genealogy ... Dlugie and Sanok, Poland

    Message 1 of 32 , May 31 6:56 AM
      On May 31, 2006, at 1:17 AM, fwegerson@... wrote:

      > Philip,
      > In my more youthful days (ealry 1970's), I used to hang out at a very
      > popular bar club in North Chicago, IL called The Polish Home. The
      > proprietor was Chester Drozd. The bar is still there, but I don't
      > know if Chester, a great guy, is still around. Any relation?
      > Frank

      COuld have been, but there's three Drozd families (supposedly
      unrelated) in Nagorzany alone, and it is a common last name. It isn't
      an easy name to research for that reason. Too hard to separate the
      wheat from the chaff.

      Thanks
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 16, 2006
        Frank,
        I just looked at your photos on the BT web site:

        Thanks for the photos. The condition of those books sure looks familiar!
        A real shame.

        Those books should be archived at the diocese and microfilmed or
        digitally copied. Of course, then we lose access because the diocesan
        archivist is too busy to look up records and won't allow access (last I
        heard).

        Perhaps we should set up a foundation like "Jewish Records Indexing" and
        get these books filmed! http://www.jewishgen.org/jri-pl/

        Debbie